Who will be the next Grandmaster?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by ns_oni, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

Is there already someone in line who will take hatsumi's place?

or who do you think will be the next grand master?

2. pimphand

pimphand New Member

How about Steve Jennum?

He represented the 'dark art' well, coming in as a sub and winning one of the early ufcs...

Whats Steve up to these days?

3. pimphand

pimphand New Member

How about Scott Morris as a potential new leader of the ninja clan?

He showed guts and determination to enter the UFC tournament, but the sight of Pat Smith breaking his face with elbows may put some off following the ninja’s code.

Thoughts please.

4. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

What happened with EVERY OTHER STYLE.

A handful of people will all think it should be them, or not want to follow the "appointed" person and you will get a bunch of "heads"...

Martial arts politics are so much fun...

5. pimphand

pimphand New Member

Forget the politics of it all - I just wanna get out there and throw my shuriken...

6. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Well, I am assuming we are taking about Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. I have a feeling Bujinkan as an organization will die with Hatsumi, Bujinkan has become to big and unorganized to have a successor to Hatusmi. When he dies all the potential Soke's will break off and create their own styles of Ninpo. Right now you only have Bujinkan, Genbukan, Jinekan, To-Shin do. In 50 years there will be probably around 10 or so. Lucky Genbukan and Jinekan will remain intact after their Sokes' die because both have a very organized and smaller organizations.

7. Adam

Adam New Member

I'm surprised nobody has suggested Ashida Kim yet.

8. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Your kidding right? Its hard to sense saracm in text.

9. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

My sensei told me of a man who's from Ireland and has been training under Tanemura for quite some time. He talked bout how the Japanese said it wouldn't be traditional since he's not Japanese to give him the scrolls, but he's the next person down from Tanemura and knows the techniques better than everyone else.

10. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Genbukan, but I'll leave my post up just as some FYI.

11. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

yeah mainly talking bujinkan, but all ninpo welcome :D pimphand keep it in one post.
    :Angel:

12. agent9869

agent9869 New Member

I agree. Bujinkan will become very fractured after Hatsumi's death. Perhaps, he's training someone now to take over. I think nagato and others his age are simply too old to take over.

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

each of the shihan have menkyo in the different arts so maybe they will all take a bit with them or stick together.

14. bujinkanplym

bujinkanplym Valued Member

When Hatsumi dies , the Bujinkan shall be shocked but i belive it will stay together as Takamatsu sensei once did i belive Hatsumi will appoint the person he belives to be most suited for the position of soke , but nether the less i know our dojo will continue to practice Bujinkan as should all dojo's out of respect for hatsumi , does any one agree ?

15. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

A little disrespectful, maybe?

I don't know how this discussion could benefit anyone, and it seems a bit disrespectful to talk about what's going to happen after someone dies. I mean come on, Hatsumi sensei is still just a youthful 70-something, and we all know he's going to live to be a thousand right?!

As for the possibility of the Bujinkan splintering further. I think it would be best to trust in the organization as it is, and to be a part of the solution, and not a part of the problem. Some will understand this better than others.

16. takaharu

takaharu New Member

Your Sensei is wrong. He is referring to Shihan James Wrigth , a scotsman living in Japan and training under Tanemura Sensei for the last 15 year or so.
    Sensei allready appointed the next soke of Genbukan , being his son Kotaro Tanemura shihan.

All other personal students most likely wil inherit 1 school t take care of , including the "gaijin" deshi.

The line up is like this

Kotaro Shihan
    Okayasu Shihan
    Nagamoto Shihan
    Ohno Shihan
    J. Wright Shihan
    Roy Ron Shihan
    ------------------
    On the same level :

Ian Stewart Kyoshi
    Guy Aerts Kyoshi
    Marc Coppens Kyoshi
    Gary Giamboi Kyoshi
    Michael Coleman Kyoshi
    Myself

17. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Does it really matter? Ssh got it right when he said Soke is a youthful 70 something. I saw him back in August and he does not appear to show any signs of letting up.
    Back to the question at hand. Who cares? And if you do, why? Will you stop training? Let's not worry about it and just KEEP TRAINING!

And the next person who mentions A##### K** has to put a dollar in the Swear Jar.

18. Soul Reaver

Soul Reaver New Member

Why?

I really dont think Hatsumi-sama is going to die that soon you know...

And when he does, he will most surely know in advance and prepare Bujinkan a destiny he sees fit, and none of us have even the right to judge his decision. First get to 15th Dan, then think about the future of Bujinkan.

And remember, the true meaning of the art will always be kept alive by those who devote themselves entirely and selflessly to it. Bujinkan is not the final destination, it is one of many paths to enlightenment and self accomplishment.

And if you must have a possible name, try Naguchi Shihan (dont know if i`s spelled like that), according to my Sensei, Shihan Michael Simien (10th Dan), he is a most skilled practitioner and one of soke`s close friends. His specialty is to perform techniques that require hands and arms using only his legs and feet, not to mention his incredible flexibility in spite of his old age.

Anyway, whatever happens to Bujinkan, my path is already set: I shall follow in Hatsumi-sama`s footsteps and strive to be as wise and strong as he is, to achieve enlightenment and ultimately, to live a plentiful and complete life.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " All that is gold does not glitter;
    not all those who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not wither;
    deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a Fire shall be woken;
    a light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be the Blade that was broken;
    the Crownless, again shall be King"

From the "Lord of The Rings" , but perfectly suiting the topic at hand.