Who is your favourite MAPPER ?.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by philliphall, Jan 22, 2006.

1. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

1) - Who is your favourite MAPPER and why ?

2) - Who's opinions drive you to distraction and why ?

1) - Ikken takes it (just) over Mai Tai, Slip and Sonshu for me. The reasons - excellent knowledge of Muay Thai, tends to answer questions on the same, some harsh put downs scattered around but does not tend to get embroiled in the semantics and circular arguements.

2) - The legend that was Manbashimoman. The reasons are obvious to anyone that ever read anything he posted. I do miss him though.

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

MAPPER?

3. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

This thread is a flamefest in the making.

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

MAPPER as in members on martial arts planet.

My fave is the Korpster!!

Cant say i really hate anyone. I agree with timmy, this could get uuuuuugly!.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I'm not sure this is a great idea for a thread. I like pretty much everyone on MAP - even the people that I fundementally disagree with about pretty much everything I still repect the opinion of. And the people who post nonsense keep the place entertaining and give us something to make funny pictures of :D

I think the no swearing policy on MAP makes people more inclined to post intelligently rather than resort to abuse. This generally makes it easier to stay on friendly terms.

The legend lives on... :D

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah this thread will end in tears (Slip reaches for the tissue already :D)

I'd have to say Moosey or Medi are right up at the top of my list for being the most switched on... some of their posts are brilliant. :)

I'd have to say Matt Bernius and Ap Owen are also at the top for some of the most constructive and well informed posts I've seen anywhere. Dave Humm(?) and Stolenborjn over in the weapons forum also fit that list. No doubt there are others that slip the mind at the moment.

The people I don't care for... heh... I'm sure they haven't any doubts as to who they are - LOL! - for that matter nor does anyone who spends time at some of the BBQ's that I sponsor. :D

7. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I'm only going to say positive things.

Sonshu and Randall have got to be on the top of my list because I actually know them in real life and they're top blokes.

Ap oweyn makes fantastic posts, and explains things very clearly, so he's on the list too, as is Matt Bernius.

Freeform is probably my favourite mod.

Medi and Moosey take the joint title for the "people I usually disagree with but nonetheless respect a lot" award.

I talk to Ad McG, SKc_wado and gojukjoe on msn and I get on with them really well, so they're cool too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  8. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

I probably did not think the second question through that well. Looking again it is basically an invite to slag people off - sorry. Still it gave me a chance to mention MMM again, he truly is a legend.

Looking at some of the names people have mentioned so far reminds me of just how many interesting, knowledgable and informative people post on here. I will take this opportunity to thank all those who have posted such excellent advice and given me so much pleasure when I really should have been working. So thanks a lot.

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

This thread can stay, so long as

a) It doesn't turn into a flamefest
    b) People keep it positive
    C) Every single post that follows this one says how great I am.

:D

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I havent got a single favourite MAPer - certain people can be relied on for certain things, some people I speak to loads on MSN and in Chat and know pretty well and some people I have just grown to respect. Now to start watching for your name ;)

Aegis - who I have spent hours in Chat with, ripping religious theories and newbies ideas about weapons alike to shreads (cant forget the person who thought that sai were used as pitch-forks). Even offers to help me with my school work and Uni application :)

JohnnyX - not around as much now, but brilliant bloke. Some good times testing the site (bad times for HKF like :p) and there was a time when every post in the Suggestions or Problems forums were by us two (I know I am still as hyper there :D).

Jang Bong - Only MAPer I have met in person and a genuine good-guy. Turned up at a competition and messed around with some of the kids from the club. Still have to get up to learn Bassai Dai with the nunchaku from him though :bang:

Tatsumaru, Chimpcheng, AnotherTKDGuy and TeJitsuDo - "the lads" :D

Stolenbjorn, Dave Humm and slipthejab - aye slip, bet you didnt expect to be on a Mod's faves list :p. Some brilliant posts from these guys in the Weapons forum. I just have to see Stolen and Dave's post-bits to know I will be reading quality material. Probably the only place where I dont have to complain about Slip's posts :eek:

Dont worry if I havent mentioned you. If I mentioned every MAPer who can post decent stuff or that I respect, I would probably still be here this time tomorrow (I know, I probably will anyway :p) :)

11. Topher

Topher allo!

Certainly no favourites but ap Oweyn, Matt Bernius and Thomas explain things very well and are almost always unbiased and very reasonable in their posts.

For purely comedic value, there's MAP's resident comedy quartet: medi, slip, billy gee, ikken :D

12. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

There are too many good members to list here. In general, MAP has a lot of well thought out posts with readable English.

I have only once clicked on someone's list of posts and browsed through a few pages of them, usually viewing most of them too.

That poster is: The one, the only:

Korpy

Congratulations, Korpy!

PS Saz is fantastic.

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Heh, thanks Taff, I feel awesome now. :p :D

My favorite MAPPER, I can't choose just one. So here's a list of them.

Taff
    kickboxingidiot
    Jabcrosshook
    Hiroji
    slipthejab
    Thomas
    and Gangrelchild is pretty cool too.

14. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I couldn't really say who I liked the best. The list would be quite long, and that's no lie! All of them for different reasons too.

I should give a special mention to Combatant though. He's given me tons of advice on gripper training via PM. He's also helped me choose more appropriate items for my home gym than the ones I'd picked myself - saving me not only money but potential frustration in the future too.

Perhaps I'll be able to add more after the UK July MAP meet. :)

15. Hiroji

special shout to Matt Blake too;)

Keep posting buddy.

16. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

What does the second "P" stand for?

17. Hiroji

fiddle me shiz i dunno its just there to make it sound/look better ;)

18. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

This bothered me also*. I think it's on the forum description under Celebrations too. It should be MAP'er I presume, but MAPPER is cooler. Unless you're into sci fi, in which case, the more ap'os'tro''ph'e's the better.

* NB It didn't really.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Well Jabcrosshook sucks :p (That's a joke, mods, he's cool). Saz is obviously brilliant
    Other than that, Yuki, Neryo and all the guys and girls in the MMA section, Iamraisen, Infrazeal and all my metaller buddies. AdMcG and the H&F guys that have helped me turn my skinny body into an adonis (well, an adonis's left leg, anyways ;)) and Medi consistantly makes me laugh. There's loads of others, but that's all that comes to mind right now

20. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

The H+F Forum wouldn't be worth a dime without AdMcG and BeWater.