Where will Calzaghe go now?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by SoKKlab, Jul 26, 2003.

1. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Another storming performance by the Italo-Welsh Super-Middleweight phenom, Calzaghe against former WBA Champ Byron Mitchell means that the man is at the top of his game.

Where and who do you think that he'll fight next and who will be his toughest opponent to come? Is he as good a boxer as they say?

2. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

i've already said this grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! but seriously he seems to want to fight hopkins. I think he could fight otkke too but i think he would tear him to shreds.

I think he is a great boxer his speed and power are unreal he became a bit complacent against mitchell thats why he got knocked down but he recovered well which showed his character

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

That's of course if Hopkins asks for less than his usual fee (About 10 Million dollars and rising).

He's got a great way of ducking tough opponents-knock them out with the size of the paycheque...

Do you think that Ottke is that much of a walkover for Calzaghe?
    He holds both IBF and WBA titles, can't be that much of a slouch...
    or can he?

Calzaghe did show real class against Mitchell, abit wild with the bombs, but he really threw himself into the strato-class with that victory.

4. WhiteWizard

I don't think otkke is in the same class for a couple of reasons 1 being is that he seems to always fight in Germany and from what i have heard seems to get slightly strange decisions when it comes to the end of the fight. 2 being that mitchell took him 12 rounds and aparently should have won(may i say here this is what i have heard from a few sources i haven't actually seen the fight) and well calzaghe took him apart.

I've always felt Joe was one of the most underated boxers around speed and power is a dangerous combination i don't think there is anyone around who can touch him at the moment around his weight that is.

5. FISH

FISH New Member

And he's a southpaw to boot which is very awkward for right handed fighters :D Hopkins and him would put on a great fight but who wants to go the pay per view route :(

6. WhiteWizard

yeah but they always put it on a week later anyway :D and i'd still watch it

7. LIQUID

LIQUID New Member

He should move up a weight IMHO