What's your favorite technique?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Fuzzy Panther, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Spike

Spike New Member

You mean there`s things besides atemi? :)

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yeah, theres all that wierd wrist stuff ;)

Col

3. med

med New Member

ive gotta go for some irimi nage and shomenate.. im tall. i love nikajo and although im crap at it (im tall) i like koshi nage. god the list goes on.

i love the way every technique can be applied so dynamically. appropriate to the situation.

there are no techniques i dislike. just ones that frustrate me. which i like. does that make me a bad man....

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

... no it means we must try harder! :D

5. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

My versions

The footwork is the best things as its like no other style some of the tight but effective turns.

Least is shi anage.

Takes to long and would be luck to get it to work.

SONSHU

6. raybri-san

raybri-san New Member

i like the irimi-tenkan and the tenchi nage

===================
    true victory=self-victory

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

favorite

Irimi-nage, both entering and tenkan. I'm beginning to enjoy kokyu-nage.
    And if I'm allowed to cheat then I like leg sweeps.

8. Misogi

Misogi New Member

Tenkan

9. lil po'

lil po' New Member

Shomen Uchi Ikkyo has to be the hardest:mad:

10. redbull

redbull New Member

Sankyo is my favority lock. Irimi nage my favorite throw, and tenchi nage my least favorite throw.

11. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

I'm starting to think that TenChi-Nage is just Kokyu-Nage with a name.

12. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

I dont think Tenchi nage is that close to a kokyu nage. Tenchi nage the force is applies in a circular fashion at two opposing points, kokyu the force usually is applied at one point and is used o lead the uke out and and then abruptly comes down.

My favorite throws would probably be sumi otoshi, Sanakjo, irimi nage, tenchi nage, and osoto takubi nage.

Least favorite would have to be kaiten nage

13. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

Kokyu-dosa is Tenchi-Nage. :D

14. Amakasashi

Amakasashi New Member

my favorite has to be irimi nage, i know i have only spent a few months in aikido, but man something about the fluidity of that technique, whether being uke or nage, it just really makes me at peace. I actually prefer to have it practiced on me, helps me see how I can improve my own irimi nage, since everyones is a bit different.

15. lil po'

lil po' New Member

Amakasashi

nice quote, unless the lesson is a life shattering one

16. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

KOTEGAESHI AND SHIHONAGE AND SUMIOTOSHI RULES

17. lil po'

lil po' New Member

kote gaeshi is devastating. especially when done socially. help help i have fallen asleep and can't wake up

18. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

O'Sensei used to always say NEVER have a favorite technique and don't concentrate too much on where the foot is placed or where the hand is placed because a technique will be different tomorrow or in a fight rather understand what the techniques are trying to tell you

(Very deep I know) but let's work on this

I feel that it is important to understand your advantages (ie skill in one technique, physiology of yourself) but it is also important never to favor that technique because let's be honest there's no perfect technique that will work in every situation

I also feel that O'Sensei was trying to tell his students and all of us to blend with all techniques good or bad because it's our goal to one day harmonize with the universe *very deep yet again

Jus a lil reminder to all o us aikidoka

19. Amakasashi

Amakasashi New Member

thanks about the quote, Master Sword I agree with you, hell even the same attack varies every time thus making the technique different or even sometimes not really the best choice. Favorite technique to me means what technique do I enjoy using and having done to me, that would still be irimi nage, i love the spin and the fall at a speed that is to the point where my body can hardly stay in control, it is such a rush.

20. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Does hitting people with a big stick count? I like to use my bokken whenever I get the chance or failing that my jo and if that's not aloud a good tenchinage always makes people pay attention but if I'm feelin sneaky nothing beats nikkyo.