What's your biggest injury? (MA related or not)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Karate_Man_1288, Dec 21, 2004.

?

Where did your biggest injury occur?

1. Head

76 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Torso

76 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Arms

114 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Legs

228 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

As I've done 10 yrs of Volleyball I can list....

..one major injury there, when I went for the ball and scraped along the concrete floor, which in turn damaged my lower back and shoulder. I had to have physiotherapy for two months for that.

Other injuries, non-sport related, are a broken leg through a bike accident with my grandmother and cutting my leg open (nice gashy wound !)and above my left eye while swimming in a swimming pool on manorca. Cut it on the edge of the marbel stairs.

And in karate so far I can speak of strained rib muscles, scraping my hand while breaking a wooden board, a swollen toe while practicing kicks and now a bruised thumb. Not bad for nine months of training, is it ?:(

Christian

2. Possiby the wierdest, was getting stung in the mouth by a wasp and suffering a reaction :cry: People sitting round me in hospital with arms hanging off and things, and I've had a wasp sting!

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Hmmmm worst non ma related would be the time i was windsurfing about a year ago fell off getting whacked on head got foot stuck between the mast and board and was trapped under the sail all whilst unconcious. SCARY. Or then theres the time i swallowed my own tongue and turned grey. :eek:

Worst ma related, was having a bash at a move in a second dan kata where you have to do a three sixty tunr in mid air at a really funny angle and land in a sort of press up position......i only wish i had rembered to put my hands out. :cry:

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

lol, i managed to break my leg doing a break fall, i was told i landed on my leg when i fell, i found it quite funny actually. a year later i got knocked down by a car and broke the other leg (ouch) :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  5. TnJudoplayer

TnJudoplayer New Member

I'm accident prone at times I broke my sternim and 2 ribs will at a wrestling meet in high school.Last September,and November I got my right elbow hyper extended at submission wrestling tournaments and January of this year I hyper extended my spine sprawling away from a hard shot while grappling.And last but not leasst I got 3 ribs broken due to a spinning back kick delivered via former world champion kick boxer.I Have had more problems getting over the last mentioned injury than any others.

6. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

i remember when i was in year 6 and all the boys were jumping over the junior sized goalpost. well u can guess wat i did... yes, i jumped over the goalpost as well. managed to fracture my tailbone and to this day its still uncomfortable if i sit in a funny position lol :D

7. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I broke my clavicle in a wrestling match. It's the only bone I've ever broken and definitely my most severe injury.

8. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

I broke my heel. There was a parachute tied behind a vehicle and i was the first to give it ago. i went up about 30ft. then the rope snapped(which was just some crappy washing like rope) and i came down and broke my heel. that was about 3 years ago and i still acnt walk properly.
    The doctor said it was a real unusual break for a 12year old to do. :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  9. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Worst MA injury: A muscle snapped out of my instep... KInd of weird, but I thought that I broke a bone. Thanks god it was only a muscle out of place.

10. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

i strained my neck in 2nd grade and had to wear one of those neck braces for about 2 weeks, also i cracked my ribs about a year ago. those are the wost injuries ive had

11. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

I fractured my instep on my instructors forearm. I went blank for some reason as my leg was coming through from a 360 roundhouse and I missed the focus mitt.

12. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

I broke my back.

13. Xoxi

Xoxi Valued Member

I chipped a bit of bone off in the ball of my left foot. Did that 4 weeks ago, and just went back to training tonite for the 1st time.. Its not completely healed, but its ok if I dont kick anything.

You can get really unfit in four weeks. :(

14. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Pulled muscles in my legs. That's it.

The only bone I've ever broken was my nose, and it wasn't MA related.

I fell off of a large water slide once and took a good hit. I'm pretty careful so I don't get hurt bad too often.

Geez guy, how'd you do that?

15. Takemaru-san

Takemaru-san New Member

My Apendix bursted about 2 months ago.I fell of a bike when i was 4 and cut my arm wide open,there's still a scar to this day.Smashed my BMX bike while racing in a gravel pit and injured my leg,I coulden't walk for 5 days.Other wise nothing real serious has ever happened to me.(Yet)

16. rtkd-badger

Mining accident, a rock fell on me.

17. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Worst: Dislocated my knee laterally while getting into an archeaological pit. It snaped back into place when I fell and shredded my ACL. I had to have ACL replacement sugery and months of rehab only to tear it again on a fall on a rainy day. I still need to replace it again one day.

Worst MA: Its a toss up between the cuncusion and the bruised rotator cuff. The concusion caused me to spend almost $200 dollars I didn't have at the time at the grocery store (lesson: never go to the grocery store after a blow to the head, no matter how empty the fridge is). The rotator cuff hurt for months and I couldn't sleep through the night for about a month. It also ended up costing my over $200 dollars because my insurance wouldn't cover the doctor's bills because I didn't have a "police report".

18. Giver

Giver New Member

Legs for me. I have a bad knee, so sometimes it goes out and I can really do anything. But then there are times during sparring when I kick and my toenail gets caught on something, so it rips off. *sigh*

19. rtkd-badger

Tape your toes ;)

20. Meowmeows

Meowmeows New Member

ow... my head.

My worst injuries were all head injuries
    and all took place within a three week period

I got kicked in the head without head gear
    with a counter spinning hook kick by a 2nd Dan in TKD.
    I received a first degree concussion.
    A week later I was in a car accident and got kicked in the head again.
    About a week and a half later I was competing in a TKD tournament.
    My master arranged that for no head shots because of my concussions
    but I ended up banging my head anyways, but I finished the fight.
    The night after(do to delayed symtoms) I ended up in the hospital
    I couldnt stop vomitting They had to give me a needle of gravol.
    It was a 2nd degree concussion, It was aweful.
    I had to take lotsa gravol and pain killers I missed a week of school.
    It was the most aweful injury ever.