What's your biggest injury? (MA related or not)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Karate_Man_1288, Dec 21, 2004.

?

Where did your biggest injury occur?

1. Head

76 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Torso

76 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Arms

114 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Legs

228 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Lennert

Lennert Valued Member

Torso, had a 1,5cm solid iron pole poked in, also a lot of dislocated shoulders, but those didn't hurt as much ;)

2. Bograt

Bograt Banned Banned

Got my nose broken in a (freestyle points match). I could have some internal injuries to from the amount of body blows i've taken over the years. I was born with brain damage I think :p :p :p :p cos people I know keep saying i'm crazy... :) :cool:

3. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Non martial arts based

I was run over by an armor plated securicor van at aged 8.

Broke left leg
    Broke right arm
    Fractured left arm
    Knocked out
    Skin removed from whole left side of face

6 months off school
    Skin graft
    Could not speak for a week due to facial damage

In martial arts - demo went wrong 4 stiched 5mm from right eye when Samurai sword demo went wrong - doh

or

Injured shoulder in grappling when I was thrown and landed on it.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek:

and i though falling off of a jet ski was gonna sound bad!

5. beef

beef New Member

I fractured my big toe on my left foot after nutmegging some old bloke when I played football (I was 18). He decided he didn't appreciate it and stamped on my foot! I then (annoyingly) got substituted after I just missed the bloke after jumping in two footed at him to try and get my own back...lol (well I was young and stupid - now I'm just stupid lol).

Severely hurting my neck practicing high jump at school. We were practicing the fosbury flop standing with our back to the mat. Then we'd jump back and land on our back and role over. Except when I jump back I went too far and landed on just me head and neck! :eek: Now I have bad neck pains every now and then and the GP's have no idea - great! :bang:

:eek: That's gotta hurt!

6. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Kicked and bitten by horses - lots of bruises. Broken nose from horse headbutt.
    Tore hamstring in first TKD lesson. Broke bone in hand holding breaking board. Dislocated pinkie finger bone same way. Broke toe in self defense scenario in TKD.
    Teeth broken in a fight at Uni (well, sucker punched rather than a fight).Bone in foot broken in fight at school. Various over use injuries and falling off mountain bike injuries. Badger bite. Dog bite.

Pride hurt more times that I can recall...

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

born 3 months premature, got home after 2 months in the hospital and fell down the stairs and fractured my skull. fell off of a jet ski last summer, that didn't hurt so bad, but man did i go flying.

8. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

As big and bad as it sounds the road acident was not as I was full of adrenalin for a second then out cold.

I woke up in the ambulance full of drugs and was told "you have had a bit of an accident son". I was shown the mirror and said "a bit, you are joking!!!"

For the people in the UK aged around late 20's+ this will make sence. I honestly thought I was on Jim will fix it!!!!!! bless - darn I was thick!

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Let's see...

Non MA related: cracked my face into a radiator at 3 y/o, hernia surgery a few years back. Stupid friend who didn't help me carry an air conditioner up the stairs...

MA related: cracked rib, 10 broken fingers, 10 broken toes, 2 broken insteps, eye gouged, bloody nose. Nothing too bad.

10. Din

Din 3rd dan

tore a ligament in my knee (ACL) and lossened another ligament (MCL)

11. Adam J

Adam J Masked Ninja

non MA: split my foot open trying to stay on the side of a pool after i was pushed.

chipped a tooth playing rugby, someone's elbow as i was trying to tackle them

trying to swing round the bannister on halloween i cracked by eye off the corner of it and it bled everywhere but i was dressed as a devil and the red makeup got in my eyes and you couldnt tell what was blood and what was face paint!

took a vicious spinning elbow on the nose (playing football!) I was a little giddy for a time and then noticed I'd got different color shoes, one black one red!it looked really mishapen but now seems ok and i dont think it got broken.

Also very mangled fingers from goalkeeping, they get bent back a lot, but its worth it for some of the saves!

MA: once when i'd recently started Kickboxing i was sparring, supposedly lightly , but you know how it is with people you know well! We didnt have shinpads on and both went for kicks off our lead legs and his knee went straight into my shin and it split the skin open in a line down the middle of it, v v painful but he seemed to be holding his knee and writhing in pain more than i was! It still hurts when i get hit in that spot on my shin now even through my shinpad, I dont think it was broken though.

A tennis ball sized bruise on my collar bone which went a really nasty cacky color from a spinning side kick, thankfully it wernt my face.

I tend to get my contact lenses knocked out which leads to me not being able to see very well but wanting to keep fighting and then getting beat up!
    Nothing worse than some bruises and a split lip or two really.

A few rips of my skin on my elbows when doing grappling and MMA i got my head cut open from an elbow strike, again nothing bad like some of the things u guys have talked about.

Other sports injuries seem to be more predominant. I don't think I've ever broken anything though so i like to think I'm unbreakable (like in the film ) and one of my mates breaks anything really easily so he's Samuel L Jackson - Mr. Glass!

12. Lilika

Lilika Scientia est potentia

Shin Splints in both legs and stress fracture of my right arm.

13. Sheyja

Sheyja Valued Member

I've suffered from spontaeneous pneumothorax (i think it's spelled like that) not once, not twice, but THREE times!

For anyone who doesn't know, it means when your lung bursts. Very painful, potentially lethal, and guarrenteed to get morphine for it!

14. furn

furn Valued Member

can't call this an injury...but a kist behing the ear that come back 4 time...sickly annoying. But i'm lucky i never being really injured in my life, never broke anything and thing like that :rolleyes:

15. Mufty

Mufty New Member

A ruptured Achilies Tendon Kendo Training

16. stevecal

stevecal New Member

I fell off of a three story building. The good news is I landed on my feet. The bad news is I landed on my feet. I had shattered both my ankles. I had also broken the 3rd,4th & 5th metartarsals bones in my left foot and dislocted my talac bone and all of the cuniform bones in that foot. I also ruptured two discs in my lower back and fractured the radial head in my left elbow.
    I tell people it wasn't the fall that hurt me, it was the sudden stop at the end.
    1 month in the Hospital 4 months in a cast and 9 months of rehab!

Steve

17. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Distorsion of ankle... wrong landing after jump-kick...

18. baederp

baederp New Member

Seperated shoulder...I also rolled my toe a few times, the toe hurt worse!

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

It'd be a toss up between ripping having one of my ribs ripped out of the costal cartilage. It would pop out again if I coughed or had a hick up and I couldn't breath till I got it back in again.

Then there was a punch in the face that cracked the bone around my eye socket.

Dunno if this one counts, but in my pre martial art days, I punched a wall and smashed my hand. In fact, one of the bones in my hand came out of the skin near my wrist.

20. glittababe007

glittababe007 New Member

Head injury - was very poorly, worst I've ever felt. Took ages to get over it properly, couldn't get my words out for weeks probably! (and no, it was alcohol inflicted, as I don't even drink)!