Whats so bad about satanism?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Banpen Fugyo, Apr 5, 2005.

1. davethekodiak

davethekodiak Valued Member

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

hahaha, so true.

oh, and his prize is a stupid slap for telling people hes god and not expecting anything bad to happen.

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

What, like Christianity tolerates homosexuals and women who want abortions?

4. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

So your defence is that the ones you can't tolerate are as bad as you? :p

5. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I did say that was my preliminary answer, and that I would do more research. I would like to now give you a quick update.

The phrase is not as I had originally thought. It wasn't a future-talk thing. It's about translation. Basically, the "generation" part probably means "nation". I'll give you more details later, if you need them.

This is not funny. I was thinking the same thing about you. You say you've rejected God/Jesus because of "science". When I try to ask you about your science, knowing the Christianity/creationism is very well founded on science, and that I could probably calm your doubts, you instead just give your opinion on why you can't believe God based on his theology. I 've tried repeatedly to tell you the difference, and you've yet to change your tune. This has been your first point based on some facts.

You have simply put up a wall to anyting God related through this opinion that Jesus wouldn't let anything bad happen ever and fooled yourself into to believing it was some form of science. When you are ready to talk science, I'm game.

Shortly, my aunt was still a new driver. She parked her car on a hill and forgot to put on the emergency break. The car started rolling down hill so she stepped in front of it to stop it. She was run over with the car stuck on top of her. People started to call 911 and whatever when four average looking men showed up. "We were sent to help." was all they said as they lifted the car off her. Aunt is doing fine.
    Lastly, I am not trying to "win" a debate, I've better things to do than argue on the internet, I'm trying to be a sort of mirror making you face yourself, and at the very least, force you to face why you believe what you believe.

6. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

That happened to my uncle. Except the people who were "sent to help" were actually little elves that lived in his basement... and he was drunk.

Its so funny how when people want to believe in something, they make everything relate to it so they eventually convince themselves.

4 painters could have seen it happen and come running over and have actually said "we are going to help you" or "we are here to help"... but im sure a woman who has a 3,000 pound peice of metal and rubber sitting on top of her could remember the exact words they used.

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

my thoughts exactly. who sent these 4 men? god? why couldn't they have been part of a super secret rapid response team of mega-strong Alchemists? I'd say thats about as plausible as what you said.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

don't you see what i mean, do you truly not see how arrongant and self-serving that is, how that would sound if i had said it? imagine if i had said, "science can't be disproven because it is always changing and evolving" sure that sounds nice and lends itself to my manipulation to meet my own ends....but in reality, that is untrue, same applies to what you just did.

no, you are wrong, it is VERY funny, hillarious, its border line insanity at this point. People like you are what motivate me to get up on those morning when i have notrhing planned and nothing to do that day. i get up thinking to myself "oh boy, i can't wait to log on to MAP and see what kind of new, twisted and depraved logic the religious nuts have found and perverted to meet their own ideals" Honestly, don't you see that, TRULY, don't you see what you've done? YOU are the one who has put up a wall, even in the face of this overwhelming evidence, of this factual statment by YOUR god, in which he clearly undermines his own credibility, you STILL persist that he is right, and that i am wrong, even though i have made no false promises, never lied bold faced and then deserted my friends, some how, by your logic, i am wrong even though i am so clearly in the right. it is impossible for you for you to admit that jesus can be wrong, can sin, that the bible can be full of lies, that your religion is unfounded. you are clearly beyond help and have been brainwashed into a religious robot blindly following the mindless masses, and any even slightly intelligent attempts to question what you believe have led you to twist the words and pervert the literal meaning of your own god. That is the differance between you and I, i know that science has screwed up in the past, and will do so in the future. I accept flaw when i see it, and i know that science is capable of so, you are apparently dead to the idea that christianity is capable of the same, that religion is capable of the same, that your god is capable of the same. I think at this point you are beyond any measure of help, cling to your beliefs like a lamb to slaughter, follow the masses as you please, fall blindly into the trap that faith has set for you. You will Roo the day when you realize that you god has abandoned you as he has the rest of us, and then soon after, hopefully you will be able to come to the conclusion that he does not exist. But just for the sheer hell of it, maybe a laugh and a giggle, please, weilder of the knowladge, what scientific aspect would you like to argue against?

9. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Now now boys, no need to start a flame war. . . . .

Next Crusade, Atheism vs. Christianity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Angel:

Relax.

10. ShoNaiDo

ShoNaiDo New Member

This has to do with Martial Arts how???

Even I as a Christian Minister will do my best to not discuss, endorse, qualify or rant about Christianity on this forum, I tend to go to Christian forums for that...

Now if someone asks me something, that is different, such as how does Christianity blend with the Taoist philosophy, etc. Satanism actually sounds Taoist/Buddhist...Which regard the 'self' as the supreme entity, and all other things irrelevant to one'es existence. Again, I personally wouldn't start a thread about this type of thing on this type of forum, but that's just me...

:)

Do whatever it takes!

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

It doesn't, which is why it is posted in the "Religion" sub-topic of the "Off Topic" forum area, so feel free to discuss away! :)

12. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

You're a Christian Minister? Cool. You should really participate. Shed light on misconceptions about the Christian religion by people who obviously hate it.

13. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

The belief that Taoist/Buddhist 'regard the 'self' as the supreme entity is false.

From an unbiased perspective I find Satanism not more or less offensive than most Christian churches or other religions. Most still represent a rather narrow egocentric worldview that has little relationship to nature of reality 'as it is'.

This part of the forum is religion and this is an appropriate thread for this section.

14. ShoNaiDo

ShoNaiDo New Member

Actually, I didn't see that this was in the appropriate thread. My bad...

Taoist, believe in finding a Way...Whereas with Christians, we believe we found THE way...

Other religions also state finding A way, versus THE way...

Satanism, is just another form of secular humanism, atheism, or taoism, etc...Most of them are concerned with the individual and in the absense of spirituality, none of them wouldn't be sufficient for me...

15. Banpen Fugyo

Right... well personally i would much rather find my own way to be spiritual, instead of being told what it is since birth and never questioning it. But thats just me. I like doing my own thing.

16. Banpen Fugyo

I guess thats why I like ninjutsu, now that i think about it. tanemura sensei states that it doesnt matter what religion you are, how u move your body, how u do this and that, because we are all different. Rather than say... TKD, where everyone HAS to have the same form. You have to do the kata right, or you dont pass your gradings. Your punch is the same as the guys next to you. Maybe you yell a little different. But we arent the same, nobody is the same. Some guys are fat, some are tall, some are old and skinny, nobody is meant to do the same things as everyone else. If we were all meant to follow the same path, we would all be the same.

17. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

Still false generalizations here. Taoism, etc . . . are not necessarily concerned with the individual, and Taoism definitely is not. It concerns the Tao. It is interesting that most, but not all faiths, egocentrically slide into
    the THE One and only true way. How sad and an unfortunate waste of human spiritual potential. IIIII////_ _ _ _

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  18. ShoNaiDo

ShoNaiDo New Member

According to wikipedia,

The Tao of Taoism

The Chinese character Tao. Tao refers to The Way of Taoism and the universe.Main article: Tao

In Chinese thought, the word Tao often has the meaning of: way—a space-time sequence. An individual walks a particular way; as does a village and even a country. Different schools of ancient Chinese philosophy used the term "Tao" to indicate their differing views on the proper conduct of individuals, society, and their relationship with the universe as a whole.

In Taoism, the Tao (or "Great Tao") is the grand cosmic harmony. It is thus obvious, as Shen Dao argued, that everyone and everything follows the Great Tao. We can also speak of the Natural (sometimes "Heavenly") Tao. That would roughly resemble any course of history that conforms to the laws of nature—with the same consequence. No one needs to try to follow it—you cannot fail. Both "nature's way" and the "great way" can inspire the stereotypical Taoist detachment from moral or normative doctrines. Since it is thought of as the course by which everything comes into being (the "Mother of everything"), it seems hard to imagine that we have to select from among accounts of its normative content. It may thus be seen as an efficient principle of "emptiness" that reliably underlies the operation of the universe.

Other ways we can call "possible ways" or ways that actually do guide us (tao used as a verb). These, however, according to the Tao Te Ching (also Daodejing) are not constant. That is, we can choose different guiding taos and we may interpret them differently so we disagree about what they tell us to do. We can attempt to follow them and fail. These are prescriptive ways such as the moral way of Confucius or those of Laozi or of Jesus. Nevertheless, the Tao Te Ching makes the point that everything's nature is beholden to the Tao, suggesting that even these paths will serve this ultimate principle.

The result of balance in Yin/Yang throughout the world, within society, and in within oneself, is called Taiji...

Taoism incorporates the individuals journey into becoming one with the Tao...Here is more from wikipedia about this:

"The Tao Te Ching demonstrates understanding of such principles as these:

Force begets force.
    One whose needs are simple will find them fulfilled.
    Wealth does not enrich the spirit.
    Self-absorption and self-importance are vain and self-destructive.
    Victory in war is not glorious and not to be celebrated, but stems from devastation, and is to be mourned.
    The harder one tries, the more resistance one will create for oneself.
    The more one acts in harmony with the universe (the Mother of the ten thousand things), the more one will achieve, with less effort.
    The truly wise make little of their own wisdom — for the more they know, the more they realize how little they know.
    When we lose the fundamentals, we supplant them with increasingly inferior values which we pretend are the true values.
    Stupidity leads to force.
    The wise are responsible for the foolish.
    The honest are responsible for the dishonest.
    Glorification of wealth, power and beauty beget crime, envy and shame.
    The qualities of flexibility and suppleness are often superior to rigidity and strength.
    Everything in its own time and place.

The contrast of opposition — i.e. the differences between male and female, light and dark, strong and weak, etc. — helps us understand and appreciate the universe.

Behind all this, The Tao Te Ching speaks of the ineffable Tao, or the "Way", which is described as the indivisible and indescribable unifying principle of the universe, from which all flows. It is without time, form or substance, and exterior/senior to these traits. The simpler one becomes, the greater hope one has of co-existing with the Tao, which is the only way one can truly understand it."

Again, individuals have more use of the Tao than any others...Though the understanding of the Tao goes much deeper than the individual person...

That's what I know...

19. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

You cut and paste from wikipedia is yes and no proposition. Some of the things you quoted are okay, others are sort of conditional based on a deeper understanding of Taoist and Oriental beliefs and culture. Your highlighting the words 'individual', would be too strong an emphasis in Taoist or Oriental beliefs.

20. AgamemnonXVI

AgamemnonXVI New Member

Satanism seems kinda stupid. It follows the philosophy from a recorded entitiy from the bible. Who was in heaven and had that chance and got kicked out! Acording to his philosophy (having it great and losing it) you couldnt worship him because he is a looser in his own eyes.And what would satan know about life is short.He is imortal after all.I better say it now because somoene will use this argument,"then how does God know about mortality. He died on the cross. Now satsanism must say the bible holds some historicle truth since it own self pretains to the same document (historicly).So realy your gonna worship somone who is burning in hell right now. ?