What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Actually I found when I first watched the first few episodes of Season 1 of Spartacus, I was bored very quickly. Dropped in by chance during the final season with a new Spartacus (the original died after filming the first series) and loved it. Still had too much sex and nudity for my tastes but the story and thought that went into it improved massively. It does develop into a very good story but it is one you have to be patient with.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The last season is very good, but as they knew they were getting cancelled they really tried to have fun with it. As some people found the looooong story arcs a tad boring.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Just started watching a new show called 'Powers', which is a Playstation original series, about a world where people with superpowers are the norm, and special task forces and prisons are in place, to police them. (Warning: Trailer contains course language!)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qukpfAolY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qukpfAolY[/ame]

Only watched the Pilot episode so far, but enjoyed what I saw, and will definitely be giving the rest of the series a go.

Regards,

Travess

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Fortitude on Sky Atlantic is freaking excellent!
    I'm also geeking out for Street Outlaws on Discovery. It's like TV crack to me.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

just got through the first season of peaky blinders on netflix. quite nice, i like it. can't wait to finish off season two and hopefully more.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YoW1hBRb5I"]Peaky Blinders Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the last man on earth is amazing.

7. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Arrow, Banshee, Gotham, Flash, Ray Donovan, Vikings, Walking Dead. Mostly caught up on them, just started on Banshee, pretty awesome and highly recommended.

8. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Love me some Banshee - Just finished season 3, the fight scenes are brutal, the story lines gripping, and the bitchy back and forth between Sugar and Job, have me in stitches at every turn.

Travess

9. CrowZer0

No spoilers please:eek: I'm only on start of Season 2. It's great action, decent story but sometimes a little over the top, but enjoyable nonetheless, characters are awesome. Antihero protagonist out of 15 years in Prison, Russian Mobsters rebellious Femme Nikita daughter, Ex Amish Psycho gangster, Nola the native American amazon warrior with bikes and guns. :p

10. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Been meaning to watch that. heard good things about it.

11. Bozza Bostik

The Returned.

I started watching the US version of the series on Netflix and then found out that it was based on a French series and as every MAPper knows....Europe > US...so I switched to the original (it received much better ratings).

The US series isn't bad, but the original is a lot better. The series are nearly identical with scenes, lines and camera work exactly the same. But as you can imagine the US series is a little Slicker and bit more shiny and sparkly. the original is a little darker, moody and creepier in places.

But its an ok supernatural yarn.

I finally got around to watching the second series of Broadchurch. Not a patch on the first series but still fantastic.

12. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

What's the french original series? Speaking of remakes, I finished the 3rd season of the US version of House of Cards. Step down from the first two but still good. The X files is coming back for a short 10th season. I'm stoked.

13. Bozza Bostik

On Netflix (Nordic) it's called....The Returned. Les Revenants (The Ghosts?)is the original title.

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The missus likes that show.
    I'm waiting for the Daredevil show to air on Netflix in three days! :banana: :happy: :banana:
    Meanwhile, it's Castle season 6. I'm surprised at how good it is. I really expected a step down at this point.

15. CrowZer0

Hawaii Five 0, a bit of light comedy and action. :D

16. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I've just finished all seven seasons of "Parks and Recreation" in about a month. The quality dips here and there, but generally it was pretty good.

I've also just started on "Agent Carter" which is potentially really good and I also watched the first episode of "Outlander" about a World War II nurse who is mysteriously spirited away to 18th century Scotland. It's slow going but has potential...

17. CrowZer0

Game of Thrones season 5!, Seen the first 3 episodes, going to save the 4th one for tonight.

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Daredevil on Netflix is awesome so far. Very dark, loving the fight scenes, and as someone who doesn't know anything about Daredevil I'm enjoying the character. Nice references to the Avengers too.

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

All I'm saying is end of episode 4.

Good cast all round and Vincent D'onofrio is a fantastic Fisk.

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, I've watched 4 episodes already, and I'm liking it enough to continue. I geek out at how much Foggy and Fisk look like the comic book Foggy and Fisk. Uncanny! I'd like to see some explanation now for how Matt's superpowers work, and I'd like him to act more blind in his mannerisms (how he holds his body, where he gazes with his eyes), but, ya, on the whole, it's a good start. :happy:

And the allusions to the Avengers movie battle in NYC is pretty cool, indeed. It makes for a consistent Marvel universe across tv and movies. Very wise decision. ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015