What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Just about to start the last one now!!! :cool:

Travess

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Anti climax ....boooo...

3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Got Netflix: watching stranger things :D

Jaydub likes this.
  4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I just read the comic yesterdays (4 issue series), which tells what has happen to Will from his perspective.
    I won't spoil anything so don't worry.
    They are greatly done; I was so disappointed when I finished the fourth one, because I could have read more of it (to be fair, depending on how they would have done it, it could have been... not boring, but not thrilling either).

Loved the show, especially the first season!

axelb likes this.
  5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Narcos

Wow, loving this so much right now. Polished off season 1 and getting into season 2. Just spectacularly good so far, this ones rep is certainly well earned. Lived up its billing and then some. Sometimes with these your expectations are higher than they otherwise would, but this is just every bit as good as I've heard it is. Hopefull that season 3 which doesn't feature Escobar from what I can tell, holds it's own with what I've seen so far.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Samurai Jack....the first few seasons are back on TV in my area

axelb likes this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Mrs Mitch and I just started Peaky Blinders. I know, the olden days called and they want their series back :D

Mrs Mitch may hail from near Brum. She's not impressed with the accents in episode 1!

axelb likes this.
  8. axelb

Finished season 1 of stranger things :eek:
    That was awesome.
    Starting season 2 tonight.

cloudz and Jaydub like this.
  9. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Baki on Netflix.

It’s pretty decent. The violence and gore are excessive to the point of being a little silly. It reminds me a bit of Gantz and Fist of the North Star, if you are familiar with those titles.

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Finished "Lucifer" season 3 a few days ago. I was slow catching the final episodes. I'd read that #26 was about an alternate universe/timeline and I was all, "Blah. That's stupid," so I took my time. But it actually was not stupid! The voice-over commentary of "God" was very clever, and par for the entire show. I'm saying, Lucifer and Aang the Airbender are quite possibly the two most intelligently-written tv shows I have ever watched in my entire life. And that includes the awesomeness that is "Twilight Zone."

And ::hearts:: looked what popped up on my Netflix screen last week -- Punisher season 2! Woot! That's where I'll be going next!

cloudz likes this.
  11. Travess

9 episodes into season 2 of the 'The Punisher' so far, and it again has absolutely drawn me in - The characters, the level of violence (which they do not shy aware from as a necessary narrative) and the overall depth/breadth of each story arc.

::Two thumbs WAY up::

Moving on, I have literally only just sat thru the recap, prologue and opening credits of season 2 of 'Star Trek Discovery', and it's already been a goosebump inducing emotional rollercoaster.

::expectations set to maximum::

Travess

axelb and cloudz like this.
  12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Just finished up Luther Season 1. The last couple of episodes it really took off, up to then it was more a case of this is ok.. Definitely up for more now.

13. axelb

finished Stranger things season 2
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

how long do I have to wait for season 3?

Latikos and Travess like this.
  14. Travess

160 days exactly...

Travess

axelb likes this.
  15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Take a look online for the comics (I can provide a link, via PM if you want); only a few issues, but as I said earlier (I think) - they're pretty neat.

Did you like the first or second season more?

16. axelb

The first was definitely stronger for me. I think I'll hold off the comics thanks so I don't get bias before watching a director's interpretation :D

17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Wait, what? There's a Stranger Things 3?! ::I'm in love:: ::hearts::
    ( How did I not know this? I did not know about this! )

So I'm 2 episodes into Punisher 2. It's good, but ... holy cow, if this was a movie, it'd be rated R. I don't think I've ever seen a show with this much open killing in it. Sure, Daredevil got beat up quite a lot, but he didn't shoot people directly in the forehead or chest like Punisher does. This is a new level, and as much as I've enjoyed the Marvel Netflix shows, I'm not sure I like raising the bar on tv fighting. :eek::oops:

axelb and Travess like this.
  18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

@Mushroom has made me watch Kingdom. Korean costume drama medieval Zombie series.

I'm only on episode 1 but it's really enjoyable. Look for it on Netflix.

Latikos and axelb like this.
  19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Tis only 6eps at 45mins each. So its easy watching.

If you like Train to Busan, then you'll like this.
    (Fast zombies)

Latikos likes this.
  20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

"Train to Busan" had horrible speakers in the translation (sounds like bad stage actors with broomstick up their bums), but the movie itself was pretty good.
    So, I will probably give the show a go, thanks to Mitch (and therefore Mushroom, I guess).