What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Just gotten back into comedy show 'Community', I'm on the final season that was put out by Yahoo Movies (I think), they lost a few key character's, it's still funny, and, you know, Alison Brie...

Also having a go at 'Shooter' over on Netflix, about an ex-sniper who is lured back back to use his expertise to find a would be assassin who has made a threat to the POTUS, only for him to be set up... It's highly watchable, Netflix are doing some great things with their original programming.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

It has just been renewed for a 2nd season too, but I can't imagine that it'll centre around the same 'set up'

Travess

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

There are eight books in the series, so plenty of material to draw on.

4. Chimpcheng

I'm really enjoying the show, so I'll be interested in reading the source material.

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Are you saying this is a "Netflix Original" ? Because it sounds like a Mark Walberg movie that I watched many years ago.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yup, Netflix made a series of Shooter.

7. Ben Gash CLF

FAO Aiki

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

{ Where's the dang "thanks" button, right? :) }

9. Chimpcheng

Looks like I was mistaken. Quick peek on Wiki says that the original network it premiered on was USA Network, and the series is based on the books like the Wahlberg flick.

10. Travess

Which would explain the pain in the rump week by week wait for each episode, rather than Netflix's trademark full season release. (Just finished ep. 9 and now I'm faced with a gruelling 7 day wait! Lol)

Travess

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  11. Chimpcheng

I felt the same with 'Designator Survivor'. I can't believe they would just drip feed us one episode a week like it's the 1980's or something... Outrageous.

12. Ben Gash CLF

When I used to get US Netflix I noticed a lot of BBC stuff was labelled as "Netflix Original"

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Bit slow atm.. so I watched inbetweeners again series 1-3, still funny. And I'm watching First dates off Channel 4 (uk). I like it because it makes me feel all soppy and stuff.

14. Immutable

Immutable New Member

I finished season two of bojack horseman.
    This show is great.

One season left and then i'll have to wait until summer for season 4.

15. Mushroom

I loved Sherlock: The Lying Detective episode (series 4 ep2)

A bit risky with the basis of the bad guy but it was pulled off excellently.

Also question.... I know Sherlock being an opiate addict is true to the character, but I don't remember CumberLock being one. Just hints of him trying to quit smoking (hence lots of nicotine patches)

Where did I miss it?

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Been keeping up with The Affair series 3 also. Still great drama. Started recording Taboo (BBC1)which I have high hopes for. Might let a few build up on the planner before we start to watch. I'd basically watch anything with Tom Hardy in right now.

17. Ben Gash CLF

I've not started with series 3 as I really couldn't see where it could go without fundamentally changing, which has dampened my interest. I'll still watch it, it's just down in the queue.

18. Travess

Including his recent reading gig on 'Cbeebies bedtime hour' on New years eve? My Wife bloomin TiVo'd it... :rolleyes: Lol

Travess

19. Mushroom

Of course. "the wife"... riiiiight

20. Travess

Geeze, not you as well...

...If I've told people once, I've told them a thousand times - It is a secondhand phone, and the wallpaper was already there!!!

[​IMG]

Travess