what style is this

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xav, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Xav

Xav Valued Member

2. Chevy Muscle

Chevy Muscle New Member

:love:

sexy is the style I'd call it ;)

3. freak

freak Valued Member

i definatly want to train in that style

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

that is the 'pandering to the lowest common denominator' style. :p

5. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

i hate wwf

6. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

it's the WWE, be careful or the World Wildlife Fund my sue you too!

7. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

wow... When I thought wrestling couldnt get any worse.......

8. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

In all seriousness, I would say that it is definately a Brazilian or African style mixed with monkey kung fu, notice the "coconut chopping" slaps to the ass while in a squatting posture.

It also resembles monkey kung fu because of her entrance. She bends completely over to get between the ropes, pops up on the other side and looks around, then does it again to the other side. This demonstrates a very clear respect for traditional monkey, paying homage to the masters of her lineage.

9. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

A: Do people really find that entertaining?
    B: Do people really find that sexy?
    C: Do people really believe that is real?
    D: Where are these people so I can exploit them, too?

10. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

I think they live in the red states.

11. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

I'm not a fan of WWE or anything, but I would like to point out this in there defense: any fan I have met has never taken it seriously, and has only viewed it as cheezy fun.. In comparison, there is a large percentage of the population here that watches a Bruce Lee/Jacki Chan/Tony Jaa movie, sees just as ridiculous fighting, and goes on about what a talented martial artist they are.

12. Coges

Coges Valued Member

I think if you took notice of the way the fans behave at the shows you will find that there are a large percentage who take it very seriously. Having said that, there are a large percentage of people who believe everything in a Jackie Chan movie is real too.

On a side note, Bruce Lee/ Jackie Chan/Tony Jaa were/are all talented martial artists, just like the WWE wrestlers are all talented athletes. Maybe on the juice, but talented athletes just the same.

13. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

A: Yes. I prefer a *good* pro wrestling match though, myself. One where they actually execute the moves with some crispness and they attempt to tell a proper story in the match.
    B: Yes. Attractive blondes with big boobs = spank bank material for teenage boys.
    C: Not *really* these days, but some people's suspension of disbelief goes waaaaay too far, like people who shout at actors in the street because the characters they play in some popular soap opera is a complete git.
    D: Try the southern states of the USA, some real markish wrestling fans out there (search Youtube for the 'it's still real to me, dammit!' video).

14. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

By chance, I happened to catch a glimpse of TNA wrestling on tv a while ago, and it really amazes me that acrobatics that these guys are capable of. Even if its all staged bullcrap, its quite a show. To be able to coordinate complex acrobatic stunts like that is impressive.

15. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Where's the jello?

16. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

It's called "sports entertainment". Otherwise known as an insult to REAL wrestlers everywhere.