What period in time?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by morphus, Nov 29, 2003.

1. morphus

morphus Doobrey

We recently had a thread on time travel - so i have a question not based on the science but on the fantasy.

If you could travel back in time which period or even year would you go back to. This is off topic so lets keep the martial arts out of it. :p

2. morphus

morphus Doobrey

My period or year would have to be the early 60's - 1960 to be exact to see the beatles before they became famous.:cool:

3. ratman

ratman Valued Member

2 days ago to get the winning numbers for the loterry to my self in the past. Or take my playstation 2 back to the time of the spectrum . And sell it to sony. well only personal gain stuff.

4. Adam

Adam New Member

Go back to 2001, kick myself in the ass and tell me to shape up and act smart.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I'd go back exactly 1 year. I'd do the last year so differently if I had the chance.

6. ptcruiser

ptcruiser New Member

I would go back 5 yrs ago Sept when I should have stayed home instead of go to my business and cut down some trees. It cost me 4 breaks in my leg below the knee and ankle shattered.

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I'd go back to some time that never really existed and live in a cabin in the woods eating berries and foraging. I'd become the wild man of the woods and legends would be told of my wonderous beard.

8. Shade

Shade New Member

Maybe a bit corny but the good part of me says I would create a record (written and video taped etc) of all the bad **** that has happened in the past x number of years (for example 9/11) and go back to warn people about it all.

Then the bad part of me agrees about the lottery numbers!

9. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

Enjoy your stay in psychiatric care.

There's loads of stuff I'd love to go back and see but the realist in me points out that I'd probably have a very hard time or die due to infections/ poor food and sanitation/ being burnt as a witch etc. Still, who'd love to see a dinosaur??

10. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Yeah, like challenge a T Rex to a UFC bout (No biting or trampling allowed obviously):D.
    Then post the results up on a cave wall for all to see that Kung Fu is/was/always will be the ultimate Martial Ethos for all time! ;)

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'd go back thirty years, and do many things differently (but that's the old dream, "I wish I could be young again and know what I know now." Or, "Too soon old, too late smart").

12. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'd go back to when Paratus' parents first got together stop them from getting it on so paratus is never born. That'll teach you to rue me Para. ha ha ha

13. fluffydoc

dino wars

So just claws and tails swipes then? Doesn't that take some of the realism out of it? You're only going to end up with a bunch of young dinosaurs going "Yeah but that wouldn't work in a street situation".:D

14. Andy Murray

Re: dino wars

Yes but you're forgetting that I could bite and trample the T Rex too. By focussing the match with rules and regulations everyones safety is assured, and, err, it's more real as a result right? :confused:

15. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Re: dino wars

LOL:D :D :D

16. Shade

Shade New Member

Why you feeling lonely in there?

17. Andy Murray

Oh dear! :(

It's Fluffydoc's job mate!

As in, what she does for a living.

Nice as your shoes are, I'd give em away quick! ;)

18. Jim

Jim New Member

Well obviously I'd go back to that time to make sure it didn't happen...

But after that I'd probably go to the period 0 to 20AD 'just to see what all the fuss was about' and then back to 'the start' to see how it all started.

19. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

I'd love to see what life was like in the Middle Ages, Scottland sounds especially interesting, but only if I could come back whenever I wanted!

20. fluffydoc

dino wars continued

I'd like to book ringside seats for that event please.

I wonder if yoda has any pictures of an andyosaur?