what is the worst injury you have in karate or martial arts?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by matbla, May 25, 2006.

1. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I has a knee problem and had an arthroscopy, which has mostly sorted it. But it effectively cost me a year's training as I was just ticking over.
    I've also had cracked ribs a couple of times, have a persistent pain in a shoulder, bent a toe, and pulled a hamstring (I must have caught it in time because I've trained today without a reaction).

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

I broke my shin a couple of years ago. The person checked my kick with their knee. Needless to say we were both really hurt ;)
    Cracked my left eye socket when I got bollocked by a bokken.
    Broken a few ribs here and there as most people do eventually in full contact sparring.

Apart from the occasional broken finger that pretty much sums it up.

3. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

i have been able to avoid any broken bones, worst i ever had was when i got kicked in the face at a tournament, saw starts for about a week strait and saw em on and off for about 4 months

4. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

No you're not! I found it pretty damned cool myself, and I got a LOT of sympathy from the girls when I went out with the mates, so I kinda wants the eye like that again - without the pain and agony I felt as the stick hit of course... :rolleyes:

5. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Nothing too bad...

broken nose four times (fighting my brother, aikido heel kick from a backflipping 'partner', aikido palm heel, wing chun punch) every time left to right... if it ever goes right to left it's really gonna sting!

Disclocated foot... all of the metatarsals in the centre of my foot (somebody's knee landing on it in an aiki breakfall flip)

Sprained ankle (bad breakfall two days before my aiki shodan)

Bulging disc (recurring injury through drunken fight on concrete, followed by kungfu)

Sprained neck and back (guillotine and bad double-leg attempt from me)

Chipped and cracked teeth (boot in the face in a streetfight).

Still beautiful though! :D

6. torment1979

torment1979 New Member

Broken fingers of course, dislocated jaw (once), dislocated hip (hurt like a ) from a slip. Pulled lower/upper back about three times, and etc... Nothing else really, no broken ribs or arms thank god.

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Few sprains and bruises from various things, and a broken finger for me. That was in TKD btw.

8. MR G3

MR G3 Valued Member

A twisted knee in BJJ ( hurt a bit but no time off work ) and a broken wrist in Judo ( 7 weeks off work-had to watch 'This Morning' and 'Quincy' every day as I had nothing else to do ( i'd rather of gone back to work )).

9. Noodlesoup

Noodlesoup New Member

Dislocated jaw, and broke my little toe on my left foot. Piece of advise: do not kick the floor ;)

10. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

I broke my right pinky toe in a clash of kicks. guess his foot was harder. Ive had a shiner or two and a couple bloody noses but nothing all that bad.. I guess im pretty lucky.

11. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

Broke my Clavicle in two places...doing a side roll >_>

Only injury I've gotten so far minus some petty stubbing of toes and general bruising.

12. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hmm - I guess the worst was me back - my sacroilliac...damn that was painful - that was after my very first rolling session of MMA.. Took months to go back to training.

13. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

A few days ago we were doing a drill were one person holding a kick bag runs at the other person, and the other person tries to stop the runner with a well timed kick. It's a useful exercise as it's a lot more difficult to time a kick well when someone is moving rapidly towards you. I was holding the bag, I'm quite tall, the person I was running at is quite small, I held the bag too high, his foot landed just above my knee. It hurt a lot on impact but that passed quickly and I was able to carry on training for about another 20 minutes, then a new pain started to set in and I had to go home. The next day my thigh was swollen really badly, and I couldn't support my own weight on it, 10 days later and I'm still limping, but I've managed to attend class.

14. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

broken eye orbit that required surgery.

15. xxionx

xxionx Forgotten In Chaos

I was practising and teaching my best friend some martial arts. As we finally went at it fully like a real fight and after 15 mins I punched him in the face 3 times making him go dizzy and swing crazily ( by ethe way I was only 5'6 and he was 6'1 and him weighing 172lbs and I weighing 119lbs...we were in shape for wrestling season) well after a while he grabbed the back of my head and kneed me in the face, luckily I blocked it so it didn't cause much damage. but the after 30 mins of fighting I grabbed him and tossed him off. As He got back up I ran towards him, jumped and punched down onto his shoulder and chest. It slid down and my thumb hit his knee. HURT LIKE HELL!!!!! It has been 2 years and now it is getting better. I can't wait to see him again since He is trying to go Navy Seal And I am tryin to go Green Beret. :bang:

16. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

Worst - Broken toe due to a hole in the mat Most annoying being stopped after 2nd round due to someone blocking my low kick with the knee taking my leg out

17. elektro

elektro Valued Member

I have an injury almost exactly like that. Got a fracture in the little finger then fractured it again in exactly the same place a few years later. Down to mistiming on my part.

Nothing much, actually although loads and loads of welts and bruises, which you THINK may be a hairline fractue or something then starts to go down the next day.

18. Tom@Foresight

Tom@Foresight Valued Member

2 Broken ribs and 1 broken toe when doing karate!

Luckly injury free (well excluding slight muscle injuries and brusiing) for last 2 years or so!!

Toutch woo!

TOM

19. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

back's my only one so far, but i have old injuries to irritate. More time to come though, but i hope i don't get anything worse.