what is chute boxing

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sambo Master, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

explain what it is please i have heard of it but dont know what it is

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Chute Boxe academy is one of the premier vale tudo fighting teams in the world. It is the team name, not the style. Their style is BJJ/Muay Thai, with a side order of more Muay Thai.

3. kenpo4life

kenpo4life New Member

According to Rudimar, chute boxe just means Thai boxing

4. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

However you might mean "shoot fighting" which is a hybred martial art/sport which uses Thai Kicks, Western Boxing, and Judo/BJJ grappling and throwing concepts.

- Matt

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Chute Box academy have trained some good fighters, the most well known being Wanderlei Silva.

6. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Yeah, In puertoguese Chute Boxe is known as Kickboxing.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Oh cool; i never knew that :) hehe you learn something new everyday, and today you have taught me something :)

8. kenpo4life

kenpo4life New Member

Wanderlei is the most well known of course, but there are also a lot of other locally famous fighters.

9. Don Davies

Don Davies Valued Member

Some of the other fighters are Anderson Silva, Maurico Rue, Assuerio Silva, and Murilo Rue.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Anderson Silva is another excellent fighter. Are you sure he is trained by Chute Boxe though? I thought he was as well at first, but then when looking at his stats on sherdog.com a few days ago after watching his fight against Jeremy Horn; he is trained by "Muay Thai Dream Team" apparently.

11. Don Davies

Don Davies Valued Member

Yeah your right, I was just watching an old video with Anderson Silva when he was training with Chute Boxe...I guess he left and went to Muay Thai Dream Team.

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah, i was sure i'd seen him in a chute boxe t-shirt somewhere. I was looking through me video archive for any but i couldn't find it :S

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

There it is! :) Pride 21 : Demolition. He even enter's with the great Wanderlei Silva!!

It was Anderson Silva vs Alex Stiebling. Such a good fight as well (despite the fact it only lasted a matter of mins.)

Anderson Silva is very impressive to watch as well, he's so good at his striking.

14. EyeKyu

EyeKyu Banned Banned

yup, anderson silva was with chute boxe but left the team along with assuerio to create the muay thai deam team, leaving only vanderlei and ninja in chute boxe.

good choice in my opinion, the chute boxe team always seemed like the villians of mma and i didnt think anderson fit that image cuz he seems like such a cool guy.

15. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

I really like Pele, He is one of the best Chute Boxe fighters but I don't really like Murilo Rua...

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I love watching Anderson Silva fight because he seems so clean, his technique seems so clean under pressure. He's a good dancer as well!!! lol :D