What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pepsi32123, May 31, 2004.

?

What instrument do you play?

1. Guitar/Bass Guitar

196 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Band Drums

27 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Stringed (violin, viola, chello, bass, ect...)

21 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Piano

42 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Woodwind

34 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Brass

22 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Handhelled (harmonica, okerina (sp?), ect...)

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Other (please specify)

38 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. KungFuGrrrl

KungFuGrrrl Valued Member

acoustic guitar, only 5 chords but enough to do some pretty decent bluesy sounds hehe......makes for fun time with friends anyway.

2. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Guitar, bass, mandolin, bazouki & Turkish saz. Owt with strings really. Almost everyone in my family plays an instrument or two so I was brought up with music :)

3. reel deel

reel deel New Member

Actually you can add 4 to the hand heal instruments I play Blues Harmonica
    (I selected 'other' by mistake sorry)

4. succubus

succubus so hot right now

"other": i sing. :)

started learning a bit of bass guitar and drums as well.

ps- can no one spell "handheld"? :p

5. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

I can proudly say that I'm a pianist :D

8th grade Royal Conservatory exam coming up in June...same month as my TKD black belt test...and highschool graduation...lolz

Martin Leung is my idol!!!!

The Video Game Pianist

6. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I've been playing the Sax now for about 13 years. I haven't played much in the last few years. I'm trying to remedy that now. I gotta say, my fingers are surprisingly good at remembering what to do after these last few years, but the endurance in the lips is gone! That's going to take a while to build back up.

7. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

i chose other, becuase i fit into most of those categories!

started bass guitar at age six (had a small size one specially made)
    did a bit of trombone in primary school, and restarted again in sixth form
    flugelhorn from necessisty (knew trumpet fingering and band didn;t have one)
    saxophone performer's certificate (just above grade 8 but no scales)
    bass clarinet (ditto- still remember turning up to the exam with it and the adjudicator thought i was joking- asked me to go get my proper clarinet)
    strings-did some double bass in high school to compliment bass guitar-grade 5 level also bouzouki, mandolin and some electric violin
    flute- we had one lying around i just picked up. Not bad, but not good either.
    and singing.

8. MattJ

MattJ New Member

Drums mostly. Some keyboards. Rock and Jazz.

9. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

I've been playing the piano for about five years. I've thoroughly enjoyed writing my own musical pieces. I'd like to buy the software to compose my songs using a full orchestra to accompany me, but I haven't learned how to read music yet. In time though, in time.

I also play the drums. It's fun stuff.

10. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I've had a guitar for five years, but due to laziness it's only been recently that I've taken it seriously and started playing reasonably well.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

This poll is so messed up. Guitar/Bass aren't string instruments? And they are also totally different instruments, so each deserve their own category.

I just started playing both, actually. Almost zero experience in them, but it's fun to learn them.

12. jimbsagwa

jimbsagwa New Member

first post

I take lessons in piano and violin but also play clarinet and cello.
    unfortunately, you cant select more than one option in the poll.
    lol but I like how instruments like the harmonica are called "handheld"

13. pmitch89

pmitch89 Thats Nucking Futs!!

I've played Guitar for 2 1/2 years, I specifically enjoy playing thrash metal or metal in general :D .

14. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

I chose other as I have a list of instruments that I play:

African Drums--Djembe and Dunun/Songba

All the instruments of the Capoeira Bateria: Berimbau Gunga, Berimbau Medio, Berimbau Viola, Pandeiro, Agogo, Reco-Reco and Atabaque.

I currently own and mess around with a kalimba, a harmonica, and I keep threatening to pick up my ukelele.

ate mais,

dormindo

15. Emil

Emil Valued Member

My major instrument is the guitar, which is the basis of my occupation (Guitar Teacher). But i am also profficient at the Piano, Drums and Harmonica, all of which I can read the music scores for.

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

My main instruments are electric and acoustic guitars (played both for about 8 years - probably better on the acoustic) but I can play tenor banjo in an emergency (gotta love those banjo-requiring emergencies!) and can whack out the odd Pogues tune on the tin whistle :D

I can't read music but as long as that isn't a problem, I probably won't bother to learn.

17. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i play mostly drumset, working on teh jazz at the moment. i can also play other percussion stuff like marimba and timpani and anything on a drumline, but i don't cause it's not very fun. except tenors (quads, quints, whatever), but i don't have time for that anymore unfortunately.

18. jeffie7

jeffie7 Valued Member

19. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

20. CraigUsher

CraigUsher Valued Member