what glove or mitts for point sparring?

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by matbla, Apr 11, 2005.

1. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

thank you for your reply
    and please keep the help coming .k.
    and if you use any of these do you have one or a few can youlet me know i would like to have some on hand for spare and to share if someone forget theres in class they can barow one of mine glove
    the secound one is from sun and it is used for?
    please post photos of your gloves or handgear
    from matt blake

2. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

[​IMG]

I use mitts simular to these but in white. ^^^^

[​IMG]

I used to use mitts like these but they broke and I brought a different pair. The adults at my club are allowed to use these mitts if they wish but the children have to use the first example.

3. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

thank you for yor reply the secound one posted haave you seen them used i own them from matt blake

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I believe the second pair of mitts are used for more MMA's or hitting the a punch bag.

5. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Yeah, I've seen the second pair used loads of times in point fighting, but in point fighting the aim is to score points and not hurt your opponent that much really.

The second mitts I would recommend more for full contact as you can feel the punch through them more, or in other words, the second pair don't have as much padding.

6. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

well thank you my teacher let me use the second pair
    o.k he order them for me from sun martial arts choirborthers
    and do you have any mitts i can get so ihave a few in case someone forget there at sparring time and i can lone them a pair. from a happy board member matt blake

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I'm sure your instructor would have mitts that students could borrow if they forget their but if you want to get some more, get the first pair (the more padded ones) because you never know who you'll be lending them to.

8. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

yes he would but i know a few of them and they forget alot of the time i do not want them left out.
    thanks for the reply here keep up the good work o.k
    from matthew sewell blake