What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Blacklight was alright, but I really disliked the sound design for that game, aswell as the tactile feedback, and the size of some of the maps felt too large at times. Had some nice ideas I'll give it that. Guess that's what you get with Free to Play though.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Level 91 on Halo 5 and I have just this second unlocked the DMR!

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

My son is really looking forward to No Man's Sky. Already ordered on pre-release :)

Mitch

4. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Rainbow Six Siege and Fallout 4 all day.

5. Unreal Combat

Been blasting through Battleborn. The more I play it the more I dig it. Think it recieved some unfair reviews personally. Certainly a refreshing change to the generic crap released week in week out. Borderlands + Destiny + Smite? It's an interesting little mash up and I'm having a blast in co-op & versus.

6. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Currently playing uncharted 4. I'd say it has to be the pinnacle of the series in terms of presentation, narrative development/storytelling, cinematics, graphics and has an increased sense of realism to the combat. The gun flashes, debris and general carnage of firefights can be quite disorientating at first and the play style seems to have moved more towards larger arenas requiring more movement between cover rather than the fairly linear shooting galleries of the previous titles. The shooting mechanics and overall control feel like they have taken a slight backwards step though.

Overall I'm loving it. Very enjoyable and just what it says on the tin with some nice narrative touches (some very meta and post modern).

I am also looking to get my hands on doom but that'll depend on the strength of the single player campaign as assessed in final reviews. I loved DOOM and DOOM 64 and never have cared for online multiplayer anyway.

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My "Uncharted 4" arrived today :)

The mailman didn't ring, so I only saw it by accident, when going to the grocery store, but oh well.

Now I'm being smart ;)
    Remembering the post about the update, I will throw it in right now - and watch a movie.
    Or three.
    Or seven.
    Or...
    :bang:
    :D

Right after deleting roughly 33GB, so I could even start the game :-|
    Better delete more right away...

EDIT: Serious question: How come games on disc need so much more space on HDD then downloaded games?
    Or do I only have "extreme cases" that I only get "big" games on disc?

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  8. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

'Uncharted 4' is spectacular!

I've always loved the series, the characters are extremely likeable, the stories told are inventive, and gameplay borders on being perfect. Yes some of the puzzles tend towards the easy side, there's never been anything ridiculously taxing, and the gun fights are great.

I agree that 4 is the pinnacle of the series in many aspects, and if I didn't already have a PS4 I'd be buying one just for this game.

With regards to getting the game started. I had about 36gb of hard space left, but the game demanded more. In the end I had to delete some 40gb worth of data before the game would start, and by start I mean download the huge patch.

Still, worth it...

9. Knee Rider

What was the patch? Has it changed anything major?

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That's not a patch, that's basically the entire game surely?

11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I doubt it, it's only 5GB.
    Still will take around 7 hours, if the first guess of my PlayStation is right...

I don't know what it does though.
    I'm trying to avoid any information.

And might still have come upon a major spoiler of the end :bang:
    I hate people on the internet, when the very first sentence about a game (or whatever) is the ending.

Since I haven't started it yet: Does the MP already include co-op or is it something that will be patched later?

12. Chimpcheng

Yes, the patch was just over 5gb, but for some reason I couldn't trigger the download (kept throwing up a "free up space" message or an "error". It was only once I had 70gb of space free that it started the download.

A quick Google revealed a fair number of people facing the same issue...

The patch contains bug fixes and fixes for crashes, localisation updates, and a ton of multiplayer stuff.

EDIT: Just found the full whack.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_patch_103/

13. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

I played an hour or so of Doom last night after getting it in the mail. It hasn't really grabbed me yet, but that doesn't mean anything. I thought Far Cry Primal was going to be a real dud a few hours in, and it turned out to be as good as any other Far Cry game. Like you are saying, it takes a while to see enough to have a good feel for a game.

Since I played the original back in the day when it came out, expectations are high, but I have to look at it as just another FPS and judge it on that. There are some things about it that are definitely neat, I like the graphics quite well so far. Looks like there is the ability to do mods on weapons and armor, so that is cool.

14. Chimpcheng

Finally packed in a few hours of 'Uncharted 4' and I'm pleased to say that it is awesome. I'm obviously only part of the way in and already it's shaping up to be the best in the series. The laws of diminishing returns doesn't seem to apply to this series. :D

15. Knee Rider

Currently playing watchdogs... Just can seem to get into it. Gameplay feels clunky and a bit confusing.

Anyone think it's worth sticking with?

Luckily it was on sake for half the price of a round for me and my missus.

16. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

If there's nothing else to play.

It had some nice ideas but didn't match the early E3 presentations.

17. Shiga

Shiga New Member

Witcher 3, I can't believe how into this game I am......

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Just to completely take the mickey I've now unlocked 6 DMRs! :bang::bang::bang:

19. Unreal Combat

Playing Overwatch. Just as fun as the Beta.

20. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I think I'll replay LIMBO.