What else do you offer?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by Hapkid0ist, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Hapkid0ist

Hapkid0ist Tsalagi Pride!!!!

Other than martial arts instruction, what else do you offer your student's?
    I try and do as much research as I can and share all the articles I run accross, we print news letters, and a list of events to include but not limited to:
    Weapons Classes
    Summer Camps
    Inter-School Tournaments
    Women’s Self-Defense Classes
    Visiting Instructors Seminars
    Parents/Instructors Meetings
    Parents/Child Workshops
    Buddy Nights
    Birthday Parties
    Pizza Parties
    Sleep-Overs
    Movie Nights
    Family Value Days
    Hap Ki Do Bucks Days
    Christmas Shopping Days
    Student Study Hall

We also do what is called Hap Ki Do Bucks:

$ Hap Ki Do Bucks Days $

Hap Ki Do Bucks Days are special days each month in which students can receive discounts of up to 10% for merchandise purchased from the Chop Shop. Black Belt Club members may receive discounts of up to 15%. Any student of The I.H.M.U. whose tuition payments are current may use the Hap Ki Do Bucks. Hap Ki Do Bucks may not be transferred to another student. Only the issuing school will accept the Hap Ki Do Bucks. There are numerous ways in which Hap Ki Do Bucks are earned.

Receive one (1) Hap Ki Do Buck for:

Perfect attendance during the month.
    Each special event attended.
    Each belt exam taken.
    Each student referral.
    As a special reward from the instructor.
    For each A and B grades on a students report card.

Hap Ki Do Bucks will also be accepted for some special events. Advance notice will be
    given for these events.

Special Events

There are plans for many special events during the year. Some are social events while others are for continuing your education in training of the martial arts. All of the special events have value to the students in one-way or the other. While your attendance to these events is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that you at least attend some of them. Some of the special events are listed below, but the list may be modified due to conditions beyond our control.

Weapons Classes
    Summer Camps
    Inter-School Tournaments
    Women’s Self-Defense Classes
    Visiting Instructors Seminars
    Parents/Instructors Meetings
    Parents/Child Workshops
    Buddy Nights
    Birthday Parties
    Pizza Parties
    Sleep-Overs
    Movie Nights
    Family Value Days
    Hap Ki Do Bucks Days
    Christmas Shopping Days
    Student Study Hall

More events may be scheduled during the year, as conditions warrant. Some events may have a minimum charge to cover the cost of the event. We will attempt to keep these charges to a minimum.
    or

$ Hap Ki Do Bucks Days $

Special Events

We are offering a new way to earn Hap Ki Do Bucks and use them for 100% of your Martial arts supply purchase!!!!!

Here is what we are offering to you. We will be doing a New Student Competition for
    Hap Ki Do Bucks. This competition will take place in 3 month intervals. Here is how it works…

1 Hap Ki Do Buck for each person you get to sign up for our introductory special.
    3 Hap Ki Do Bucks for each of those same students who stay on after their special is up.

The student with the most people signed up at the end of the competition will get a gift certificate valued at 50 Hap Ki Do Bucks that may be redeemed at our Chop Shop at full value. (Any purchase past the $50 value must be covered by the student and can not be used in conjunction with any other Hap Ki Do Bucks. Hap Ki Do Bucks may only be redeemed at the Chop Shop at the end of the New Student Competition.)

More events may be scheduled during the year, as conditions warrant. Some events may have a minimum charge to cover the cost of the event. We will attempt to keep these charges to a minimum.

So what do you do?

Feel Free to use anything you see!​

2. removal

removal Valued Member

Phew, that's a lot of extras --- you must be doing a full time job!! :)

As a student of martial arts rather than a teacher of martial arts, for me it doesn't matter what extra frills a school offers. If the basic training fundamentals aren't good, then point blank, it's not a good school imo. Actually, it's the same with whatever I study, and is something I also recognize in my position as an English teacher - something I have argued with my current employers who wanted to put on a Halloween party kindergarten style (we teach adults) in the belief that we could attract more students. Certainly not.

I also like schools that have 'good', ie fun and friendly students. Unpleasant, immature or dull students don't add good vibes to the class.

I think you have the whole community approach covered. What about offering annual training/visits to Korea? There'll be plenty of gyms willing to 'host' you and your students here. Puts the icing on the cake.

3. Hapkid0ist

Well we are just trying to do our best to offer what we can and not compramise on quality. I will say that if at any time quality even seems to be droping I'll drop other stuff first. As for trips to Korea, my GM has a studio there that we as instructors are actually required to make regular trips to at least once a year if possible. So student trips are a possibility, there is just a lot going on right now with trying to get my new studio up and running and a big project my teacher has on the side going. Ha started a consulting business up and is doing a multi billion dollar project for a big Korean company. I hope his paycheck is really good for it. He deserves it...

But thanks for the idea. I just want to offer as mucha as I can and still be top notch in HKD..

4. dngrruss

dngrruss Valued Member

The Hapkido Bucks is a great idea. I may start doing something similiar at my school.

5. Hapkid0ist

Well, one thing is that most of these things are for the children.The adults don't even get exposed to these events and offers, except that the HKD bucks can help them save on training items. I don't even like to have children under the age of 15 in the studio after 6 pm. I like to try and keep the adults away from any trivial sstuff or from anything that they really don't want to be subscribed to.There are no bullitens posted about these things just handouts that can easily be thrown away. If someone wants to compete, we prefer they keep their trophies at home.