What do MA think of the Abrahamic God?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dialectitian, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Brian is the last one....

Seriously that's still not showing anything, it's not proof nor is it an examination of his nature.

2. Dialectitian

Dialectitian Banned Banned

I think the last one is unknown (probably in the future in regards to the Prophet Muhammed and Jesus and Moses peace by upon them). I give Mitch the benefit of doubt ;)

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Which is why I worship the FSM.

4. Dead_pool

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1jJ-ttrSd8[/ame]

Witness the truth!

5. Dialectitian

Why God exists. It is a broad question. But ... it is a logical neccesity. There are two ways to view life and evolution, linear and circular. I am more into linear. Becaues things like Darwinism are not proven, yet.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  6. Dead_pool

You don't think evolution is proven?

Why is this?

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

so here's my view on the issue:

i like to think my viewpoint has elements of atheism, agnosticism and anti-theism.

i like to believe i know or i don't know. whether i do know what i think i know is another issue, and like qll humans i am not a perfectly rational being to begin with :p. i see faith as intrinsically irrational, that is, the willful acceptance of that which one knows is invalid or has no reason to think valid. there are, however, rational reasons for the act of irrationally believing, that being another separate issue.

based on what i think i know, i have no reason to believe any such thing as a deity exists, nevermind how nebulous the actual concept is. i do not know if anything that could be called such does exists, but as far as i am concerned, i consider all of the various versions an invention of humankind and therefore invalid. additionally, the supernatural is categorically invalid as a concept. if it exists, it is natural.

that's basically it as regarding deities. the institution of organized religion is a subject for another post :p

8. Dialectitian

Muslims and Christians (and probably Jews too) belive the world is 7000 years old. And I am from Iraq (Sumer) although I live in Norway. And there was the first civilization. It is exactly 6000 or 7000 years ago. Before that there was a different world with their own Prophets. We cant deny the skeletons of Neanderthals and dinosaurs, but where is the missing link? It is something rare to find a missing link. ... And not just the one missing link doesnt exists, the different "kinds" or "links" to the current species doesnt exists. Why is that? I only see God with my mind. But it is upto everyone to make up his own mind. I cant force you, nor you me.

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

That's not a lack of proof for evolution though.

I'm sure Philosoraptor can enlighten you on the subject.

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

all those questions about the science side can be answered by studying biology :). not just as regarding the actual data and its interpretation, but also regarding how science itself works and the philosophical fundament that supports it (epistemology, the study of knowledge).

i do believe we have a couple biologists on MAP, actually, maybe they'll chime in later on.

11. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

I identify myslef as christian, and I can agree with that myself.

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

australopithecus lucy and the thousands of fossil and stages in-between we have found are actually proof.

There is plenty of proof. just because you are unaware of the mass amounts of information, collected and floating around free for access via google, doesn't make you right.

100% evolution has happened regardless of whether you believe in it or not. maybe not by exact darwinian mechanisms (although a recent conference i went to on corals regarding threshold tolerance indicates epigenetic changes are a temporary plug and darwinian evolution is a long term mechanism of adaptation)

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Why is religious literalism so strongly associated with abrahamic god?

Literally no other religious non-abrahamic people I've met hold such literalism.

14. Dead_pool

If a religion says the world is 7000 years old, and sumer is 7000 years old, and before it their were cave girls riding dinosaurs.

Then the religion has got their maths wrong.

15. Dialectitian

Sumer is for a fact 7000 years old. Science.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Ergo he is correct - maths

17. Dialectitian

I dont know why I am talking to you when you keep disrespecting me. As a matter of fact, I will let you have your fantasy. You couldnt be further from the mark. Truly God leads astray whom he wishes and leads to the straight path whom he wishes.

18. Dialectitian

I am not sure how far time streches back, but Sumer and our world is 7000 years old.

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

So, are you here to have a discussion, or to lecture us when our beliefs are different from yours? :rolleyes:

20. Dialectitian

No. Before this off topic discussion started i said, this is off topic. I didnt want to talk about it to begin with. I started this thread to learn why I was supposed to not prioritize MA before Islam. I will quote where I said it is off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.