What can you tell me about creating a new style?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Quoux, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quoux

Quoux Valued Member

If you want everything answers you'd need a new thread. And it's only because I am reluctant to talk to much about it.

2. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Will you answer my questions over private message?

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Ok this is getting silly fast....

You know NOTHING so guess what your insights are worth at the moment? All you have is a dream....dreams are good as long as they are anchored. Right now your notes and insights seem profound....Guess what? They aren't. You will look back in 10 years time and shake your head.

I did

And when you get good at a style you realize you are not discovering anything - you are treading paths gone before.

Read "The Tao of JKD" - those are Bruce Lee's notes over YEARS...an even they are massively incomplete.

We're not trying to belittle you, we are trying to help you - forget new styles, revising styles or developing styles. Get training, get good and then we can talk. Right now you are a burger flipper telling Gordon Ramsey how to sauté fish

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I started a new style in my bathroom this morning, it's just not very effective against anyone who isn't blindingly hungover.

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

My question is WHY do you want to start a new MA style?

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well, money, of course. Declaring yourself a 10th dan grandmaster is a cottage industry.
    I'd buy one of those "Hall of Fame" certificates myself except that I actually have principles. :dunno:

7. ned

ned Valued Member

In your training so far which MA have you practised longest and what are the short-comings you have identified?have you sought answers from those more experienced than yourself in this style?

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Stop telling people how to behave on MAP, it's getting old really fast. If you're not willing to answer questions then stop posting.

9. sampla

sampla Valued Member

actually everyone can have their style by forbidding some of the techniques from mma

:D

10. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Eh? :dunno:

11. Quoux

Quoux Valued Member

Thank you Hannibal, I've showed little interest at starting a style in my current level.

Philosoraptor, very funny I enjoyed it.

Aaradia, if I was to do so, it would be because of the differences.

Ned, tae Kwon do and kendo and they are focused arts.

Frodocious, as it is my question thread

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Why the reluctance to talk about it?

13. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

probably because while he's decided he wants to create his own system he's got no experience yet to base it on, so any notes he may have already taken he has probably already realised aren't going to impress anybody here.

14. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What problems do you see with Kendo?

15. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Consider this your final Mod warning. You are not to run round MAP demanding people behave the way you want them to. The Moderators will step in if they feel a thread is getting out of hand or going too far off topic. So far in this thread you have refused to answer simple questions and justified this by giving the impression that the reason for this is that somehow you're protecting your deeper understanding and secret knowledge, whilst at the same time demanded people behave the way you want them to. MAP is a discussion forum, discussions often head off in directions that the OP didn't expect, either participate in that discussion by answering questions or stop posting. Continuing down the 'my knowledge it too special and too secretive to share' route is not acceptable and will end with this thread being locked and possible action being taken against you.

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Given that the OP's original question was answered very thoroughly on page one, I'm amazed that this thread has reached nine pages in length.

It is starting to smell a bit though, mostly of attention-seeking.

Edit: I only went and started a tenth page. Doh! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  17. Quoux

Quoux Valued Member

Frodocious, asking me a question and demanding me to answer, I have a right to remain silent. Would it upset you if I ignore certain questions? At any rate, I believe I have received a sufficient amount of answers. If the mods are so inclined to deem this thread off topic or ludacris or to find fault in my wording or behavior, locking would be a regular action.

I'm sorry if anyone felt I was demanding too much of them. Yaga.

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We don't like closing threads, but in this case it seems answers to what was already a rather silly question are not being listened to.

Quoux, if you want to discuss your notes, or can give a valid reason as to why the thread should remain open, then contact one of the MODs by PM.

Thread closed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.