What can YOU flex?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tonyv107, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

So I'm sitting here at work and I've been given the boring task of checking on newly installed machinery every hour for the whole shift. Out of boredom I started flexing/bouncing my pecs, once I got bored of that I check what else i can flex on command. I can flex my pecs, abs obliques, glutes, hams, quads, biceps and triceps and my forearms. I found it strange that I can't seem to flex my shoulders or back. Is anyone else able to flex that?

PS yes I'm BORED

PSS don't make fun of me atleast I wasn't doing it in front of a mirror.

2. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Seeing as flexing a muscle is contracting it, try lifting your arms then flexing your shoulders, and pulling your shoulder blades back for the back. Probably one of the funnier "bored at work" stories I've heard, especially for someone looking over and seeing your face redden as you try flex your shoulders

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

pecs (left one more than the right one), abs, the usual. i can also move my ears. several mappers can vouch for it, and if necessary i can provide video evidence.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

grrr, double post

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  5. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Haha you're right. I guess I used the wrong term. I meant "flexing" as in tightening the muscles without any ROM which is why I mentioned my bouncy pecs

6. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Hell, I bounce my pecs all the time, often in front of a mirror coz damn it makes me laugh :p I do prefer when women do it, though, can't place why, but I watch it whenever possible in case it helps me figure it out :) Besides that and the usual I can flex my trapezius. Boring, really, especially when compared to FOD's ear wiggle ability :(

7. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Yea the ear wiggle sounds awesome.

8. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

You don't want to know!!! ;' )

powchoy

9. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

ear wiggle here too :) and trapz, do lats count as back? coz the rest of the muscle back there is pretty dam hard. Can't really do pecs though, only tense, not bounce sadly. Calves and shin muscle, whatever that's called (my first year physiology is failing me right now). Does neck count?

Completely unrelated, but I can lick my elbow tips for kicks :banana:

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I can flex my left ear but not my right one and my right eyebrow but not my left one! As for the other flexing, it's pretty much standard - calfs, quads, glutes, biceps, triceps etc.

11. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Pics or it didn't happen. At least FOD offered video proof :p

12. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

What can I flex? I'd tell you but it's against TOS.

13. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Kegals?

14. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I keep getting that flexing/balloon dancing music in my head reading this thread. Please make it stop

15. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

phew, what can't I would be a shorter list. I can't flex traps without some sort of ROM, and triceps take some thought if my arms are bent, but straight is no problem...

16. Moi

We want to see this to music :)

(err....maybe not but it sounds like a good idea)

17. Bigmikey

Not unless you're my back-up dancer brother...

18. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Visibly tensing without ROM? I'll try...

Ok, I can do with with my platysma, SCMs, trapezius, deltoids, biceps and triceps, brachioradialis, rhomboids, rectus, obliques, spinal erectors, quadriceps and hip flexors....

Yes, I have extremely low body fat....LOL....

19. Bigmikey

I'll gladly share some of MINE! :D

20. Moi

I'm just thinking I posted a little too soon:thinking: