What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Samuelito - First Works
    I had the very good fortune of seeing this young Flamenco Guitarist live several years ago and was very impressed. Purchased this cd at the show..got it autographed..and have been enjoying it ever since. Samuelito is well on his way to be at the top of the next generation of Flamenco masters. El Viajero, Sin colores, Ecoute, Libere, Sonambulo.

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana/Mclaughlin - Love Devotion Surrender
    This 1973 release brings together 2 amazing guitarists plus members of each band. Carlos & John met as disciples of Guru Sri Chinmoy. A friendship was born as they were discovering spiritual insights together and from that friendship came this album of pure instrumental bliss. Included are a couple of covers/interpretations of 2 John Coletrane songs. Not the typical Santana album of that(or any) era, but one of my faves. A love supreme, Naima, Meditation, The life divine.

4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana - The Best Of
    16 Tracks of classic rock gold.The band line-up changed over the years with the one constant being of course Carlos. I have said it before that there are 10-12 artists/bands that literally everybody likes...Santana is right at the top of that list. If you know anybody who does not like the music of Santana do 2 things quick...Stop knowing them and get them some help.Evil ways, Black magic woman/gypsy queen, She's not there, Winning, Bella, Samba pa ti, Oye como va.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana - Spirits Dancing In The Flesh
    Released in 1990 this record came out at a time when Santana had not been on the charts for a while and had been forgotten about by a lot of people. Me and some friends went to a Santana show around this time and I could not believe how few people were there. It was a great show of course and that was when I realized they were touring for this new CD. To be honest this is not one of their best but that's not to say it isn't a good record. A couple originals, a couple covers, and of course a few trademark instrumentals. This is always a pleasure to listen to when it finds it's way into my rotation. Gypsy woman, Soweto(Africa libre), Full moon, Who's that lady, Jin-go-lo-ba.

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana - Sacred Fire
    Recorded live in 1993. Santana is one of those bands that can sound as good, if not better live as they do in the studio. If you enjoy live recordings this is a great one. Esperando, Guajira, Soul sacrifice, No one to depend on, and of course, Black magic woman/gypsy queen, Oye como va, Samba pa ti.