What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Herb Alpert - Definitive Hits
    20 Great selections from Iconic Jazz Trumpeteer, Record Label Exec(1/2 of A&M Records), Producer, and leader of The Tijuana Brass. I escpecally love the Spanish/Flamenco influenced songs from the early Tijuana Brass Albums. The lonely bull, Tijuana taxi, This guy's in love with you, Route 101, Rise, Diamonds(w/janet jackson), Making love in the rain(w/lisa keith). A true American Master.

Grond likes this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Klingon drinking songs whilst doing a kettlebell workout.

By which I mean, I can do kettlebells inside, not in the garage; so I can watch Deep Space 9 on Netflix whilst working out, which sounds a lot less tough :D

Grond likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Poco - The Best Of Poco 1975-1982
    Leaders of the Southern California Country Rock movement Poco released several albums and charted a few hits during this time period. Some pretty big names passed trough the revolving band line-up during these years including Richie Furay, JimMessina(both from Buffalo Springfield), Randy Meisner, Timothy B. Schmidt(Both would play with The Eagles), Rusty Young, and Paul Cotton. Although Poco did reach a certain level of commercial success I still feel they deserved more. A solid collection of songs on this cd. Heart of the night, Midnight rain, Crazy love, Legend, Under the gun, Rose of cimarron.

Grond likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
    After Scott Stapp left Creed the three remaining members recruited Myles Kennedy to take over as vocalist and re-emerged as Alter Bridge. Although sounding a little similar to Creed Kennedy's vocals remind me a little of Chris Cornell and this cd has a little heavier sound to it. Solid debut relese. Open your eyes, One day remains, Broken wings, Burn it down, The end is here.

Grond likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

20 Christmas Stars Vol.6 - Various Artists
    Tis the season to start adding some yule tide music to the mix. Country legends record their Honky Tonk versions of Christmas classics. Features Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Roy Clark.Larry Gatlin, Mickey Gilley, and more.

Grond likes this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Police - The Singles
    So many great songs from only 5 albums. Great songs, great musicianship, and of course....Sting. Roxanne, Walking on the moon, Every little thing she does is magic, Spirits in the material world, King of pain, Wrapped around your finger.

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am listening to lots of Christine McVie's songs in Fleetwood Mac. I am just heartbroken over her passing.:(

She was an amazing Singer, Songwriter and Keyboardist. So underrated by the mainstream, but die-hard fans, we knew how integral she was to Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac, one of the greatest bands of all times. And she was a big part of the reason why.

Rest in Peace to the late great Christine McVie.

Grond, Xue Sheng and wcrane like this.
  11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

20 Christmas Stars Vol. VII - Various Artists
    Christmas classics and contemporary songs done-up by country greats and a couple pop artists as well. Features Asleep at the wheel, Charlie Daniels, The tractors, Jesse Colin Young, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Janie Frickie, and others.

Grond likes this.
  12. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Power Station - The Power Station
    A great " Supergroup" featuring John and Andy Taylor(Duran Duran), Tont Thompson(Chic) and Robert Palmer.These guys made music that Boomed the crap out of my 6x9 speakers and had great guitar licks. This Cd is a 2006 remaster that has the original 8 tracks as well as a bonus track, Someday,somehow,someone's gotta pay(from the movie Commando featuring Michael Des Barees on vocals) and some re-mixes. Some like it hot, Murderess, Communication, Get it on(Bang a gong). A great Cd for the morning work-out.

Grond likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ambrosia - Anthology
    Mellow 70's gold on this one. At the time it was called pop or mellow rock but now I think it would be called yacht rock or adult contemporary. No matter what it has great songs, solid musicianship, nice vocals, and wonderful harmonies. Biggest part of me, You're the only woman, Livin' on my own, Holdin' on to yesterday, How much I feel,
    Heart to heart, Still not satisfied.

Grond likes this.
  16. Xue Sheng

Occasionally, I go off the rails musically...and apparently this is one of those days....Music of the Renaissance....Magnificat by Thomas Tallis....I will likely be listening to Buddhist chants before the day is out

Grond likes this.
  17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Elvis Presley - 30 #1 Hits
    It's the king. What more needs to be said. Heartbreak hotel, Hound dog Love me tender, All shook up, In the ghetto, Suspicious minds, Burning love.

Grond likes this.
  18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dave Koz and Friends - The 25th Of December
    Having seen the Dave Koz and friends smooth jazz Christmas several times through the years this CD always brings back memories of great nights out with friends and a lot of Christmas joy. A couple instrumental tracks and appearances by Johnny Mathis, Fantasia, Heather Headley, Richard Marx, and of course Jonathan Butler singing O Holy Night.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Pretenders - The Singles
    Chrissie Hynde and co. were at the forefront of the new wave rock movement. I remember hearing Brass in pocket and thinking it had a fresh sound that I really liked. While I wouldn't call them legendary or iconic they certainly provided a lot of good music throughout the 80's and were a staple on local fm rock radio for me. Chrissie did a good job of keeping things together despite tragedy(2 members dying of o.d.) early on and wrote some memorable songs. Brass in pocket, Message of love, Middle of the road, Show me, Stop your sobbing,Don't get me wrong.