What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Live - Mental Jewelry
    One of my favorite bands to come out of the 90's. This 1991 debut is solid gold if you ask me. I heard a song or 2 on the radio and then MTV aired a concert of them and I instantly got the Cd...became a fan right away. Pain lies on the riverside, Operation spirit, The beauty of gray, Brothers unaware, Waterboy, Mirror song. If you missed out on these guys the first go-around you should check them out.

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Currently listening to the incessant babbling of someone I which would shut up

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Karangailyg Kara Hovaa (Dyngyldai) by Yat-Kha

Grond likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

We Are The Fallen - Tear The World Down
    After the Amy Lee/Evenesence split the boys in the band decided to re-form under a new name with new singer Carl Smithson. This cd was the result of that project. It does sound very similar to Evenesence(understandably) but Smithson's voice is powerful and there are several stand-out tracks on this very good cd. Bury me alive, I am only one, Tear the world down, Burn, Sleep my angel, Paradigm.

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. Xue Sheng

My youngest is doing something different for her. She is usually the one on stage in the symphony or playing piano, she deiced to volunteer to work backstage for a play....and ever since I heard "Backstage Crew" this song has been running through my brain...

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Live - Throwing Copper
    2nd release by 90's band. Based upon how good their debut cd was and the HUGE success of this follow-up I thought these guys would be the next big thing. I pegged them to be as big as R.E.M.(who were real successful at the time) and possibly reach U2/The Police level. This cd was very commercially successful but they seemed to peak here. Too bad.Selling the drama, All over you, I alone, Lightning crashes, White discussion, Iris. There is also a "hidden track" called horse which is a catchy song.

Grond likes this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Motorhead is pretty good stuff. RIP Lemmy.

12. Xue Sheng

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. Xue Sheng

15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bob Welch - French Kiss
    1977, I was in junior high when this one came out. The first single, Sentimental lady, was a big hit on the radio and I eventually got the album. Great solo debut by ex-Fleetwood Mac-er, every song is solid. Ebony eyes, Hot love,cold world, Outskirts, Dancin' eyes, Easy to fall.

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Live - Secret Samadhi
    This 3rd release by live was not as commercially successful as their first two, not sure why as I feel it is every bit as good. Perhaps they ****ed-off their record company or the radio guys or MTV. Either way they continued to make some damn good music for loyal fans such as myself. Lakini's juice, Rattlesnake, Freaks, Turn my head, Ghost, Heropsychodreamer.

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Check out this album cover from 1974...anybody see what I see?

wcrane likes this.