What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pat Travers - Black Pearl
    Got this cassette when it first came out(1983 I believe). Played the crap out of it in my car stereo. Sounded great then, sounds great now. I la-la-la-love you, I'd rather see you dead, Misty morning, Can't stop the heartache, Who'll take the fall. Possibly Travers' best.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Don't know why, maybe this mean I'm getting old (but then I knew that before this), I hear this, generally change the station, I am not a fan of folk music....but this time I listened and enjoyed it

3. AlexBordown

AlexBordown New Member

Manheim Steamroller - Christmas Live

4. jesscold88

jesscold88 New Member

I am now listening to the last album of metalics, it seems to me that they are very good! especially their latest album

5. Xue Sheng

6. Xue Sheng

Just watched the Accountant....again... did not pay attention to final song before. Heard it and said...hey, that's Sean Rowe

However this is my favorite Sean Rowe song

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Awww man, Jim Steinman died. :(

Bat out of Hell was one of the best albums in Rock History. Him and Meat Loaf were a fantastic team! He had a melancholy and over the top style, that I absolutely love. So, yeah, been pulling up Jim Steinman songs tonight.

Rest in Peace! And thanks for the great music!

8. Xue Sheng

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

May Kearney - Playlist(the very best of)
    Adult Contemperary, Pop, whatever you want to call it the man makes some nice music.Good songs. Undeniable, Closer to love, Nothing left to lose, Trainwreck, Bullet.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Journey - Arrival
    This 2001 release was the first of the post-Steve Perry era. Also Deen Castronovo taking over on drums. Probably as good as any of the prior 2-3 Journey albums. Some good rockers, solid power ballads, and a bluesy tune or two.
    Higher place, All the things, Livin' to do, World gone wild, Live and breathe, Kiss me softly.

11. Xue Sheng

Quick note: waaaaay back in my 20s, I was an auto mechanic and my boss was harassing the heck of me over stupid stuff. This song was playing on the radio and at the same time it came up in the lyrics I looked at my boss and said..... "That's right, here's were the talking ends"... his eyes got big, he shut up, turned and walked away. On a related note, I honestly did not care if I got fired or not...so his reaction did not matter to me much....these were my biker days

aaradia, Grond and axelb like this.
  12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Fun fact, Jim wrote Total Ecplise of the Heart as a vampire love song.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Chaka Khan - Epiphany: The Best Of
    Gotta love Chaka. Her musical highlights blend Soul, Funk, Disco, and Jazz perfectly. This is her solo hits as well as a few numbers from her days with Rufus. Ain't nobody, Tell me something good, I feel for you, I'm every woman, Through the fire, Love me still.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Judas Priest - The Best Of
    Early Priest classics form their first 3 albums. Rocka Rolla, Diamonds and rust, Victim of changes, Never satisfied, The ripper.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Travis Tritt - The Very Best Of
    Part of Country music's class of '89, and the Neo-Traditionalist movement of the late 80's-early 90's. It was artists like Tritt, Dwight, and Mark Collie who made me start to appreciate Country music and made me the fan I am today. Some great songs on this CD. Here's a quarter, Anymore, Country club, Where corn don't grow, The whiskey ain't workin, Take it easy.

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Triumph - Classics
    Great 80's Rock from Canadian power trio. several great hits over the span of 4 or so albums. Brings back some good memories. Hold on, World of fantasy, Fight the good fight, lay it on the line, Magic power.

17. Xue Sheng

Rather apropos for the time

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Judas Priest - British Steel
    Heard this cassette when it first came out in 1980. It was my introduction to JP and probably to true Metal. A bonafide classic. In 2017 Rolling Stone ranked this the 3rd best Metal album of all time. Breaking the law, Metal gods, Living after midnight, The rage, United.

axelb likes this.
  19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Carol King - The Ode Collection
    Wonderful singer/songwriter/Pianist. This 2-disc set includes all of tapestry and spans all of her career. Up on the roof, I feel the earth move, so far away, It's too late, Been to Canaan, and my fave....Jazzman.

20. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Prince was massively under rated as a guitarist