What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Elton John - Greatest Hits
    One of the best greatest hits collections ever. Lennon-Mccartney may be the best songwritting duo ever but Elton-Bernie would be on the short list for number 2. This was one of the first albums I ever owned as kid. Your song, Daniel, Border song, Don't let the sun go down on me, Crockodile Rock, Also this cd version has Candle in the wind which was not on the original vynal version.

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Nojon likes this.
  4. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Elton John - Greatest Hits Vol. II
    More classic hits from an era when Elton dominated the charts. Tiny dancer, Island girl, The bitch is back, Levon, Philadelphia freedom, Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

hewho likes this.
  7. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Currently listening to some stupid hold music that is both annoying and just plain bad....punctuated with even more annoying apologies for taking so long and other announcements about things that have absolutely nothing with what I am there for...which was announce before I got to this level of this stupid dang hold system

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Third Day - Revelation
    Solid Christian Rock. This 2009 release is considered by many(myself included )to be their best. Features vocals by Daughtry and Lacey Moselby(from Flyleaf). Slow down, Run to you, Born again, Call my name, Give love. You don't have to be a believer to enjoy this music.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

George Thorogood and the Destroyers - 30 Years Of Rock(greatest hits)
    Another one of those guys that everyone seems to love.A musical disciple of Bo Diddley and other early rockers/blues legends. His music always had that vintage sound to it. His music always makes me feel like i'm at a keg party outside somewhere having a great time. I drink alone, Move it on over, Bad to the bone, Who do you love, One bourbon one scotch one beer, The sky is crying.

hewho likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Elton John - Greatest Hits Vol. III
    This collection of hits shows Elton transforming from "cool, Rocker" Elton to "Mellower, Adult Contemporary" Elton. A strong collection of solid music that I probably appreciate more now with time and age.Don't go breaking my heart(with Kiki Dee), Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Empty garden,Blue eyes, I'm still standing, I guess that's why they call it the blues.

12. Xue Sheng

13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pam Tillis - Greatest Hits
    One of the best female voices in country music. A lot of hits from the 90's here. Land of the living, Don't tell me what to do, Maybe it was Memphis, Spilled perfume, Mi vida loca.

15. Xue Sheng

At first I thought it was Tom Waits

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Me too, and then my mind went here.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Time Horizon - Living Water
    Local(lodi, Ca) Christian rockers deliver on this debut CD. Influenced by 70's prog rock bands like Yes, ELP, Kansas,and Pink Floyd TH makes original songs that sound a lot like those guys with inspiring positive lyrics. Nice release by an unknown band. Living water, Life fantastic, Ma chili caliente, Age of wonder.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Eris Johnson - Ah Via Musicom
    Johnson, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani were all hitting pretty big around the time this Cd came out. Seems like EJ got eclipsed a little by the other 2, although the 3 of them toured together for a while. I really like this cd, both the instrumental tracks and the songs with his vocals. Cliffs of Dover, High landrons, Trademark, Nothing can keep me from you, East wes.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

George Jones - 16 Biggest Hits
    The velvet voice of a true Country legend. It was once said the George could sing the word Church and make it a 7 syllable word. A picture of me(without you), The door, Bartender blues, He stopped loving her today, I always get lucky with you. True classics.

20. Xue Sheng

To be honest...a phone conversation I want no part of...so I'm walking away now