What a waste of time for those that watched Silva vs Diaz

Discussion in 'MMA' started by aaradia, Feb 4, 2015.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Why? Because there will be no winners as BOTH failed drug tests! That is right - BOTH of them!

Diaz just proved why he never deserved to fight the arguable GOAT in the first place. Hasn't won since I think 2011 and now this is his second failed drug test in that time- third overall.

Silva. Sigh - Did Silva not learn anything from Bonnar fighting him and testing positive? Bonnar hurt his legacy, which was a smaller one than Silva.

Now Silva is going to have a big old asterick next to his GOAT status. His legacy WAS sealed- now it is damaged. He should have never come back if he was going to have to cheat to do it,. Or was he cheating all along? Now everyone is going to wonder...........

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...ck-diaz-both-fail-drug-screens-020257874.html

Didn't they get the memo? They should have done cocaine, because apparently that is allowed in the MMA business. :mad:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Diaz having THC metabolites above the cutoff isn't surprising - and as far as "cheating" - having a fighting edge, in that sense is, well...

Silva, on the other hand...that's really disappointing.

Yeah, you'd think he'd of wanted to protect his legacy above all else.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Silva fighting so soon after a major injury would always of been using vitamin S.

The best thing he could if done is to retired and rehabed himself properly / away from doping tests.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Not surprised in the slightest but still extremely disappointed in Silva. Diaz, I pretty much expected it from - not that it makes it any better.

5. Dead_pool

it is possible his original leg injury was due from steriod induced osteoporosis.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've said it before but this time I'll say it with pictures.
    If you look up MMA and the UFC in the dictionary this is what you see.

[​IMG]

Utter clown shoes. Corrupt clown shoes at that. This was from a test WEEKS before the fight and yet the fight still went ahead. That's either incompetence or corruption. Or both maybe?
    MMA is basically WWE but without the pre-ordained outcomes. It's entertainment. Some people will fight every so often. Tune in to see who it is and how it goes. Tune in next week when some more people will do it.
    I'm even of the mind that the burden of "innocent until proven guilty" that usually applies be reversed in MMA. Most fighters are using I think. Certainly enough that if you always bet on that being the case you'd come out with more money than you started with.

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That's a real shame. I don't think this will really hurt Silva's legacy - the guy is 39 and coming off a long lay off, it's not that surprising that he struggled to regain his fitness without a little help. Not surprising, but damned disappointing.

8. holyheadjch

There is no evidence for that whatsoever.

9. Dead_pool

Theres not, but it is within the relm of possibility.

10. holyheadjch

Aliens doping Silva whilst he slept is in the realm of possibility - doesn't make it less of an unfounded suggestion.

11. Dead_pool

Its not as unfounded as your suggestion.

He has suffered a leg break, (which can be from osteoporosis, or poor striking technique) has put on around 30 pound of muscle whilst competing fulltime in mma, he has tested positive to steriods. And he comes from a steriod rich country, and works in a steriod rich workplace (pro mma)

It would be interesting to see a record of his negative drug test results.

Although personally I would be sad if thats found to be true.

12. holyheadjch

There's never been so much as a whisper about PED abuse with Silva - and I think there would have been if there was any evidence whatsoever.

It seems much more likely that he wasn't recovering quickly enough and he decided to take a little help.

Hopefully he just announces his retirement in the next few days and we can start looking to the post-Silva era.

13. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

On sherdog there is a thread about this. Someone dug up a photo of Silva's in his home from 2011 and in the background is a box of steroids.

14. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

[​IMG]

Well, what do you know! :evil:

Regards,

Travess

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  15. Dead_pool

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

There have been accusations about PEDs and Silva before Holy. I'm too tired and hungry to look for sources but its definitely not something no one's accused him of. I think it was only fighters talking and nothing substantial, but it has happened.

17. holyheadjch

I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it.

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I was just about to post that one actually. Is it an in-house issue? Same drugs, same people etc.

Some reports are saying that although these are pre-fight tests, they are not developed nor completed until AFTER the fight (which is essentially pointless).

Now, Silva (and most athletes) knows about "cycling" and masking agents, so he must have known that this would have come up. So now this begs the question, is this his last fight?

That question mark was well above his head even during his training anyway, pressures from his family to retire, nothing left to prove etc.
    Even during his post-fight press that he was unsure of his full return. His talk of a possible title run again was always suspected as just hype for his return (which to be fair is his job).

End of an era in my opinion and unfortunately on a bad note.

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Further from Bloody Elbow. (via sherdog)
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/4/7981929/ufc-anderson-silva-steroid-denial-ped-mma-news

20. holyheadjch