Wexford . IRELAND .

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Alansmurf, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

OK

As some of you may know I am relocating to Wexford in the next few weeks and am looking to see if anyone on here has any experience or knowledge of good schools in the area .

I am a 55 year old who has travelled the world training in martial arts for the past 33 years , I am looking for a new challenge and as ever a chance to learn .

All replies welcome

SMURF

Mitch likes this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Mushroom, Mitch and Alansmurf like this.
  3. Pointy

Pointy Valued Member

For its size, there is a decent amount of clubs there in Wexford. But I wouldn't get too excited, its not Dublin.

As Dead Pool mentioned, there is the BJJ gym up in Clonard. I think there is a MT gym in the same building, but don't quote me on it.

There is a TKD club, AIMAA affiliation (ITF offshoot). If thats your biscuit.

There is a Tai Chi group about too, but I don't know if they are the more the martial or health type.

Boxing has always been at a decent standard. Billy Walsh spent a good amount of time coaching in the club in the south part of the town.

Kickboxing, on the other hand, hasn't been great. Things may have changed, and I'm sure your experience will guide you.

As far as I know there has never been a judo club in the town, so if you are up to it..... ;)

There is a HEMA club in the town, Goats Head Historical Fencing, if you are looking to something a bit different. There are Battle of the Nations teams/tournaments in Ireland, but no where near the level on the continent.

Finally, I did hear of a ninjistu group, but no idea if it still exists.

Have a look into the other parts of the county, there may be things of interest that you could pop out to the odd time.

Good luck.

Alansmurf likes this.
  4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Pointy

Many thanks in depth analysis appreciated.

I will keep you all updated

I have met a few people who know people....its the Irish way ..

Smurf

Mitch likes this.