Well... the time has come...

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Chris_sirhC, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Chris_sirhC

Chris_sirhC 6th Kyu, Yoshinkan Aikido

Will be testing for my Green come the 26th of this month. Got my classes till then to work out any final little wrinkles in my techniques.

I'm excitied...

Has been a busy time in general for me... my wife and I have custody of my kids now (won't go into why my ex doesn't deserve them). My daughter is old enough to join and shows an interest so yeah; shes been taking part in the kids Aikido classes and I have become an Asst Instructor in said classes.

Though I have come to realize that being an asst instructor in a kids class basically amounts to Sensei needing someone bigger he can toss around and impress the kids with *lol*. Lots of experience thru it all though.

Ah well its all good, wish me luck.

2. Plain Pancake

Plain Pancake New Member

Good luck, though you probably won't need it! I'm in a junior aikido class, too, and I gotta admit, it is cooler seeing our small, elderly, female sensei throwing down another bigger sensei. :D

3. john yates

john yates Valued Member

you will be good 1

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hey, good luck man. We're cheering for you from far away.

5. timmeh!

timmeh! New Member

Green's a breeze and they just get easier after that :bang:

I was one of those kids at Judo many moons ago and you look back and appreciate the time the older lower grades and Sensei for that matter put in.

Good luck and try to enjoy it!

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LOL :p did you think you would be doing anything else LOL :p Make sure you make contact with your strikes at every opertunity. :D I used to do the same in our kids class. So much fun. :p Good luck with the grading. And be warned. Green belt is open season :p

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Good luck with the grading. :D

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Like you said Chris, work on the details and you'll do fine. Please let us know how you did when the grading is finished!