Weight Lifting Face

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Paratus, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I noticed today during some weight lifting that I made and involuntary face, like an over the top frown of some sort. I had to face away from people so as to not weird them out :D

Anyone else get thes weird/funny faces when they're lifting weights?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  2. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Perfectly natural. Especially if your trying to move a load 90% of your 1 rep max!

3. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

I make really weird faces when I'm shrugging...sort of lift the left side of my lip, I think...but I saw a guy the other day who opens his mouth up wide and sticks his tongue all the way out when he does power cleans, so I don't feel too bad :p

4. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

I wonder what face this guy does when he bench presses?

5. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

I remember one time when I was lifting weights, I pulled a musle somewhere that caused my cheek to keep twitching for about a week.

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Hell yeah man.

When Im doing the 20rep squat, I look like Im about to pass out/throw up. I scream on my last rep.

When Im doing weighted Dips or Chin ups on tuesday (the day I increase the weights) I scream the whole way through it, when its the rest of the week I just looked very pained and groan.

Bench, I mostly just looked pained and grunt like hell.

God I love the gym. :D

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Somebody once told me they did not like to walk in front of me doing squats as I gave them a look like they had murdered me.