Walisongo Pencak Silat

Discussion in 'Silat' started by ZillaBilla, Oct 20, 2004.

1. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here practices 'Walisongo Pencak Silat', I would think that it is only taught by these people www.eastweststudios.com.

Anyway I just wanted to gage your experience in this art.

Cheers.

ZB

2. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hi ZillaBilla,

I train in Wali Songo silat at EastWest studios. I find it to be a very practical and useful art. The chief instructor is Steve Benitez, a very capable Silat man indeed.

Feel free to pop in one day if your are available, and watch/participate in one of the classes.

There is an open seminar on the 24th October if you are interested.

Is there any particular aspect of the art that you are interested in?

Regards
    Wali

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. pachanga

pachanga Valued Member

Hiya Wali,

Where could I find more info on the seminar? I had a quick look at the site but didn't see it. Can anyone go? I've not been able to make it to a class and don't think I'd be able to take it up but I'd love to go to something like this.
    Thanks,

Pach.

4. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Hey Wali,

Thanks for the information. I will indeed try and check it out, its pretty close to where I live. I’m actually a Tai Chi practitioner, but initially read about Steve Benitez in a book called ‘Esoteric Warriors’ by Alex Kozma, which in turn lead me to check out the East West Studios website. From reading about the descriptions of Wali Songo Silat on the site, it seemed to me that it shares a lot of similarities with Tai Chi, though I don’t really think I know enough about either art to make that call. But this seminar seems like it would be a good way to learn more about your art. The things I’m mainly interested in is what sort of body alignments, breathing methods, states of mind and power generation is used.

Could you tell me what time this seminar is going to be held, and if there is any fee to pay, and I assume its at the following address:

EastWest Studios
    9 - 11 Watford Way
    Hendon Central
    London
    NW4 3JL

Thanks again Wali,

Best regards,

ZB

5. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hi ZillaBilla and Pachanga,

The seminar is £45, from 10:30 - 3:30pm at

EastWest Studios
    9 - 11 Watford Way
    Hendon Central
    London
    NW4 3JL

The theme of the seminar will be dynamic striking (pukulan).

I don't know if the moderator will delete this post, as it may be classified as advertising, but I have posted, as you guys have asked.

If you have any queries, post me a Private message.

Cheers,
    Wali

6. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Cheers Wali,

Definatelly sounds interesting, hopefully will have the time to check it out, but we will see.

ZB

7. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Did you get to attend?

Cheers,
    Wali

8. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Hey Wali,

Na, unfortunately not, had to go to a party on Saturday, the rest was a bit of a blur, when I regained consciousness, so to speak, it was already Monday. Will have to be another time, cheers for the info anyway.

Thanks again,

ZB