W.t...???!!?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Hayseed, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Hayseed

Hayseed Thread Killer

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

My guess, someone needed firewood for the up coming winter. :rolleyes:

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

4. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I liked the bit that Hayseed pointed out. Where he gets smacked with the staff incorrectly* and it actually does whack him. The expression of agony on his face was priceless! :D

Seriously though, what? :rolleyes:

* Of course, by "incorrectly", I mean that he wasn't hit in such a way that those good old laws of physics break the staff easily and impressively. I'd pay good money to see someone do this kind of rubbish against someone striking correctly.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  5. Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder Valued Member

Or the point at 4:58 or so where he gets hit on the opposite leg while in a forward kick and the landing show's he didn't bear the pain well. I think he needs the sawdust from his ears cleaning out, an empty space would suit him better! :rolleyes:
    I wish to god I knew what they want to accomplish with this stuff, it depresses me to think their wasting my oxygen.

6. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

This video conclusively demonstrates what happens when you use poor quality weapons for training.

By purchasing one high quality bo it will probably last for 4-5 years (or longer).

By purchasing low quality sticks you will need to buy 20 for every training session.

Make the right choice!

7. garth

garth Valued Member

Why would anyone put themselves through so much pain to get graded in a bogus system :confused:

Garth

8. narcsarge

S&M is my guess Garth. Someone had to enjoy this in order to film it.

Or maybe it is us, the viewers, that are warped!

9. Cannon_Fodder

This isn't any martial arts grading, it's an S&M martial arts grading (cue Fleetwood Macs' Albatross)

10. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i think it was pure amusement, would have been even better if he would have hopped around in pain!! :D

11. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

Or if he had one of those rubber balls in his mouth :D

No but seriously, I think I can understand the reason for doing that. I mean he must feel really good about himself afterwards. Or if he liked it too much, ashamed of himself :D

12. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

13. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

/me sniggers

/me sniggers a lot in fact

omg that stuff at the start, all that wriggling round like demented penguins. I mean why? Seriously, why would you not only do that but then put video clips of yourself doing it on YouTube?

14. narcsarge

The really scary thing is that most of the kids I help teach look worse then the folks on the video. I can't imagine growing up as a kid and not knowing how to do a forward or backward roll. :rolleyes:

Though I thought the part where the people in the video pulled themselves across the mat with their chins and feet was absolutely...................

POINTLESS!

15. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Anyone else notice that at about 1:50 he turns the stick round and checks that he's got it "the right way round"? Hmmmmm........ :cool:

16. garth

garth Valued Member

narcsarge posted

You should have seen some of the things we did in the Genbukan.

Garth

17. Cannon_Fodder

1min28, the way I learnt to dance disco, driving the car and wiping your a*se!
    Man a big What The Buck!
    I've seen people do things that weird in only one other situation, drunk fresher initiations at sports clubs!

18. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

the bit where they are wiggling on the floor reminds me of when my kids are doing ' i'm a wiggly worm' from peppa pig!!! :D

19. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

No doubts the chin crawl and the wiggle along with some poor backrolls didn't look too good. However the was not a complete void of skill there and I have seen worse from others.

That being said I am in no way siding with that org. What I see there is a lot of Karate "type" movement. But I do see people that are into their training and that is important.
    The term bogus when many in another thread they wouldn't leave if their org was bogus means less now.

I also would not think of breaking 4x1s on myself but this is not uncommon in the arts.

20. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

Wow, I hope my bujinkan training isn't like this. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I thought the point is not to get hit.