Video proof of eye gouges working in the street!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Banpen Fugyo, May 31, 2011.

1. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

2. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Also disproves pressure point theories, the baseball bat was clearly being applied to the arsepoint.

3. Banpen Fugyo

He must know how to increase his chi to certain areas of the body... Clever *******.

4. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Hey man, no one said eye gouges don't work.

It just doesn't take hundreds of years of Asian warrior tradition to know how to poke someone in the eyes. The Three Stooges did it no problem. :cool:

5. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Video seems to have been removed from the site.

powchoy

6. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Also, if I remember correctly, Ebaums world is the internet equivalent of a discount hooker. I would not reccomend going there unless you're very confident in your firewall.

7. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

8. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

call that a choke hold? :rolleyes:

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

That store manager needs a kicking

10. Osu,

The only thing that was ever said about eye gouges was that exclusively relying on them is delusional...
    They might work and are good to have in the toolbox, but when you need a hammer and all you have is a screwdriver that you just broke, you are in trouble! :)

Osu!

11. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Bit of an anti climax after all that...but really, still. If you think that's how a regular fight goes you're sorely mislead. Where's MB when you need some entertainment? He'd make the point much better!

Like Devil has already pointed out, sure, putting your fingers in someones eyes definitely works. When you get them there. A choke applied by an actual BJJer will be cutting off the blood supply to your brain to deter you from fighting rather than just holding you there to deter you, so I'm not sure the 2 situations are the same. This is a lol, nothing more. (aside from the employee getting stabbed in the neck that is)

And I'm not ninjutsu or BJJ, I'm a karateka!

12. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

What if it's sonic?

13. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Bad joke. This only makes me lol more @ ninjutsu "deadlyness"

14. Banpen Fugyo

lol @ people thinking I was serious :rolleyes:

15. Osu,

I don't understand the joke... :rolleyes:

Osu!

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It is a Doctor Who reference....and bowties are cool

17. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

They def work

A friend of mine was in New York and got jumped

As he was on his back on the ground getting pounded he said all his training went out thee window and all he could rem was his instructor saying that if the worst came to the worst poke the opponent in the eye.

My friend grabbed the attackers ears and levered his thumbs into his eyes

It worked!

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Again no-one ever said they didn't...but they are not a panacea that many state they are.

Common response to "what about grappling?" is "Oh we would gouge the eyes"

Great against Johnny bum...not so great against someone who knows grappling as they will just snap the fingers or the arm attached to them.

I teach and use these type of "dirty moves" all the time, but from a grappling base. If you cannot hold position or flow you will be destroyed be a grappler...and they are becoming far more common with the advent of MMA

19. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Well there was bound to be someone who'd champion them so I figured I'd get in there for their sake anyway :)

20. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Same thing happened to me, except I put him in a triangle choke and defecated while his friends were kicking me in the head. He was very adamant about telling them to let me get up and leave.

True story.

:rolleyes: