Video clip of Aosaka sensei

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Colin Linz, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I just thought I would post a link to a video clip of Aosaka sensei. He is the head of the European Federation of Shorinji Kempo and is based in France. I have trained under him a couple of times in the past when he has visited Australia for our national Taikai. His specialty is randori or free fighting and has a devastating reputation. I remember quite clearly the reluctance of some of the Busen students to do randori with him. Busen is the school at our headquarters in Japan; the students have to have a black belt before they can go there. They do Shorinji Kempo for 8 hours every day for 3 years under the instruction of the headquarters teaching staff, so these guys are awesome in their own right. He must be getting on now; I think he is around 60 odd years old, but he still seems to be in good shape.

The clip is on a French page; it is the top link and is the only avi file. You may have to download DivX to view this clip. video clip

2. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i tried the link but i couldn't get it to work. i think it's my computer.

to train for 3 years 8 hours a day, that's alot of training! i can only imagine how awesome these guys are.

3. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Here is the address. http://aceg.free.fr/Video/

If you get sound without picture then you will need to install DivX.

Of the 8 hours a day 4 are spent studying philosophy and Buddhism. Still 4 hours of practical training a day for three or 4 years on top of your previous training to gain a black belt does produce some great exponents. The clip on the French site does not show these guys, just Aosaka sensei and his students.

4. bill007

bill007 New Member

The clips are not working you need a codec i think.

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

there's a codec installer right on the site...