very pleased with myself and my partner

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by aiki-laurie, Nov 8, 2008.

1. aiki-laurie

aiki-laurie New Member

hehe i have u on dvd ^^ i only have the randori no kata!

damn i have iaido on thursdays! will talk to alan and see what he suggests as he is the driver!

;)

2. Shinkei

Shinkei Valued Member

Koyo, thanks for the recommendation like you I have a very open mind towards Aikido, I have over the years attended seminars on the various styles of Aikido some good some bad. My Sensei always said there is no right or wrong way, but there can be a bad way.

Shaun

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Hi Shaun

I always like to have an informed opinion in martial arts and will say that the Tomiki style aikido that I was exposed to was a good experience since my first martial art was judo and I could see that influence.Always best to have a go before making an opinion.

regards koyo

4. Kapalmuks

Kapalmuks Valued Member

Aiki-Laurie congrats on passing 5th kyu, nice job. You starts from 6th kyu then down? It sounds that your dojo is a ASU (Aikido Schools of Ueshiba) affliliated?
    I know the feeling of passing a grade and again congrats on the job well done.

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Don't kyu grades always go in descending order? Then dan grades go in ascending order. That's how I've always know it to work.

6. Kapalmuks

Kapalmuks Valued Member

Yes you are right Aikiwolfie :cool:.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

See I do know stuff! :p

8. aiki-laurie

aiki-laurie New Member

i thought i replied 2 this? oh well!

yes to both your questions ^^

and thanks very much! :)

9. Shinkei

Shinkei Valued Member

I thought that the Aikido Schools of Ueshiba are an USA based group. I think that you Might be affiliated to Musubi Aiki Ryu headed by Glen Smith.

10. aiki-laurie

aiki-laurie New Member

got it in one thats my dojo lol :) i must have got confused with what he was saying lol!