Very Crazy Self Defense Question

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Karate Freak, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

8-foot spear, if you can pick anything. Just because spears are fun, and if he can close that distance carrying a chainsaw before he gets perforated, he earned it.

2. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

A Glock would be just fine, though a shotgun is a nice option too.

Which would you rather be holding, the chainsaw or the glock? :D

3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

how about running like forrest gump and getting the f** out of there

4. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Use GSD and melt the chain to the strut with your StarPower(tm).

5. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

Sure, after you empty a couple of clips into Mr. Chainsaw, otherwise what fun would it be?

I always enjoy when people say,"how about running away?"

Usually it's either a single person, or a person that assumes that trouble will only come when they're alone.

Sometimes you can't run away - you're with your family - wife, parents in their 60s, or small children, and you can't outrun the perp unless you're willing to leave your family behind.

My sensei always advised staying away from bad neighborhoods and running if there was any weapon involved. Unfortunately, he, an MA friend and their wife/kids were driving through a bad neighborhood due to a detour, and found themselves trapped between two cars full of thugs. After they'd given up their wallets and belongings, they were asked to give up their wives.

As I understand it, all hell broke loose. Fortunately, police response was quick and he only suffered a leg stab, broken arm and nose. His MA friend just had a broken hand and slash across his chest and arm. I forget how many stitches, but they were lucky to have lived through it.

6. DragonSpawn

DragonSpawn Ronin

Wow, not a single person has actually tried to answer this guy's question.

If indoors, toss small furniture in front of him to hit him / impede his charge. Continue tossing large objects from a distance as long as possible until subdued. If out of objects, run the hell away. If cornered, your only chances may be
    a) a giant drop kick to catch him off guard, possibly receiving a serious wound to the leg but in exchange a chance to grab the chainsaw when he falls
    b) falling roundhouse to the knees, but you need to try to dive to his side as you kick
    or else the he could fall chainsaw-first on top of you

Seriously try not to get cornered. If you're trapped in a corner and he's coming at you but is still like 10 feet away, try going past him with a dive-roll (it isn't really any more efficient than running but he's less accurate with his weapon if caught off guard)

Also try not to run out of things to throw. When you have only 1 chair left, just swing it wildly at his head instead of throwing it; if he parries it in some way go for a quick groin kick or a strong front kick to knock him down. If he falls while you're still standing, only grab the chainsaw if he's dropped it, otherwise just run.

If fighting outside, run the hell away and try to hurdle/climb fences to impede him (climbing with a running chainsaw is extremely difficult and potentially dangerous).

7. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Do you carry a Glock in your back pocket when out with your family? :confused:
    Admittedly running in that situation may not be a good choice when you're not alone. It's a tough one

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Put sugar in his tank.

(Obviously this solution requires a degree of forward planning.)

9. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Its a toughie sure.... was thinking the exact same thing when I watched the movie the other night ....

When she was in the locker, with the meat cleaver she had the right idea - ambush

You need to strike and evade, attack him at corners, over barriers, with bladed instuments if possible as blood loss will weaken him.... try to imbobilise his movement - stabs to the legs/feet - broken glass in his face/eyes and ultimately you want that chainsaw in your hands and finish him off.

10. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

RUN LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!
    I mean seriously, Do you really believe you can beat a chainsaw? And eventually he's gonna wear down, or run out of gas.

11. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

You mean you don't??? :confused: You must not live in America. ;)

12. Hsoj

Hsoj Valued Member

lol, clever. I would say just try to avoid it as much as possible. Like someone said before, t heya re going to get tired if they try to use a chainsaw as a weapon. Really, a chainsaw makes for a horrible weapon. Way too heavy to weild well.

13. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Ah, another thread to be taken 100% seriously!

The only thing more effective than a chainsaw would be a Hayter Heritage RS8102H Tractor.

http://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/pages/productspages/product410.htm

I'd be in trouble if he was wielding the Husqvarna Model 3120XP, though.

This brings to mind another question: How would you fight off Dawn of the Dead (remake) zombie? They're not slow and stupid like the old zombies - these bad boys are FAST.

14. Hsoj

Hsoj Valued Member

Well you know, just because it isn't meant to be taken seriously doesn't mean some people can't put a lot of thought into it and give a serious answer.

And as for the zombies... why do ya wanna hurt those guys? All they want is to get close to someone.

15. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

yea and eat ur brain!! If someoen was chasing you with a chainsaw, just run until he/she gets tired, chainsaws are rather heavy and hard to run around in; not that i tried it or anything ^^. If the chainsaw is turned off, sneak up behind him and snip the chord; lets see him start the chainsaw now.

16. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

Or you can just run far enough until the (electric) chainsaw gets unplugged from the wall outlet. :)

17. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Ok.. realistically, I'd grab about any decent sized object and use it to strike the side of the blade and deflect it, grab the handle or any non-sharp non-hot part, and go from there. Maybe use said object on the top wrist of the opponent or something.. At that point it's too random to really say what you might want to do.

18. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I think Sarge has the right sort of idea here....

I'd most proberly run as fast and as far away as I could or if I'm locked in the same room as the chainsaw, I'd scream like a mad woman and hurl objects at him from across the room.

19. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

The way I see it, if your car breaks down in front of a spooky house where five promiscuous teenagers were brutally killed exactly 10 years ago tonight, and you go into that house expecting help, there is no way you're smart enough to fight off someone with a chainsaw.

Unless you're the lead character.

20. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

If there are any stairs close by, be sure NOT to run up them. :)