Valasquez v Dos Santos

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Smitfire, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So...two heavyweights are gonna clash this weekend and it looks to be a doozy.

This vid made the hairs stand up on my neck when I watched it. Wicked.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yThVrdR7dW8&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yThVrdR7dW8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Who do we have taking this?

I think Valasquez. Maybe doesn't have the striking of "Cigano" but his cardio and wrestling are excellent so I think he'll dictate the pace and GnP TKO Dos Santos in the second round. Cain's coming off an injury so it's pretty hard to call really.

On the same card I think Guida will have trouble with Henderson early on but energiser bunny him to a decision win.

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Cain all the way. I met him at an amateur MMA event a while back. He's a cool guy.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Its so difficult!

I'm slowly leaning towards Cain though.

Not sure if it'll go the full 5 rounds either. Though I think the first round will be a feel out round. Cain's first title defence, JDS first title fight though been chomping at the bit. Although Cain is coming off an injury, its the shoulder so hopefully it wont be too hard to bounce back off. (not compared to others, ie a knee injury)

Hard to say..many of my friends, spectators and fighters alike are split.

4. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

"BROWN PRIDE" - all the way - GO Cain!!!

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Isn't Dos Santos "brown" as well though? Or is that just not marketable enough?

For the record I pick Dos Santos to win this one, although Cain is a fitness machine which could win him the fight if it gets protracted

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

JDS. Cain wins if this goes into the championship rounds but I don't think I've seen a fight where Dos Santos hasn't rocked an opponent. Cain's wrestling is tidy too but I'm not sure how far above JDS' tdd it is.

7. Mushroom

Cain also has one hell of a gas tank. JDS has been rocked now and again, I dont remember Cain being in trouble.

Once again, due to work I will be missing this fight and not be able to view and review till Monday >.<

8. Hannibal

Cain also had a bad time against Kongo who has above average striking - JDS should win this if he can keep Cain at range

9. Southpaw535

Kongo did a good job against him. Admittedly he's not a bad striker but JDS is better.

edit: Ninja'd by Hannibal :woo:

10. Mushroom

Ah yes... (flashing images of the fight) remember now. Kongo's striking was quite good if you look at his (really) early stuff.

Doesnt change my mind though. Cain...but how on the win I've yet to put money on.

11. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

These are not only my two favorite UFC fighters, at this time - they are arguably the two best UFC fighters, as well, IMHO.

They are both "BROWN", but only Cain has the "BROWN PRIDE" tattoo. I'd really like to see Cain win, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see Dos Santos take the belt. Regardless who wins - a latino will be UFC heavyweight Champion... :happy::banana::cool:

12. Hannibal

Again - no one answered my question in an earlier thread about who the first was.

No Googling!! I didn't need to!

13. Hannibal

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

14. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Ricco Suave Rodriguez!

15. Hannibal

Give that man a gold star!!!

Amazing how he has been forgotten over the years

16. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

I saw him fight in a local event, a few months ago - NOT close to what he once was. If he were to return to the UFC, his new nickname would be Ricco "BIG GUTT" Rodriguez. LOL

17. Southpaw535

It says on wiki he beat Randy by submission with an elbow. Is he the guy who broke Couture's orbital and destroyed his vision?

18. Hannibal

No that was Vitor I think - and if memory served it was his retina

19. Southpaw535

It did detach his retina but I think it also broke the orbital. I'll have to dig his book out of one of the boxes and have a look

edit: Wiki!
    Definately remember his retina being damaged as well though

20. Hannibal

Just did some intense interweb research!! It appears you were right and Ricco did break the orbital