Ussd

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Satori81, Dec 26, 2004.

1. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

Hey is this thread about ussd, not Mr. Gearys shaolin kempo?

2. fightingninja2

Yes this is true.

I used to work for ussd and unless you were an instructor you would not be promoted to 2nd black.
    I had a real problem how they ran their business, thats why I left. Purple belts were let in the college and we were told to push people threw the ranks.

Dont get me wrong their are good people in ussd, I just didn't like how they ran things.

3. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

USSD is a joke go train at a real school! :eek:

Purple belts in the college thats not right! :bang:

4. fightingninja2

I was reading on another forum about USSD that some guys from USSD may have jumped a former instructor because he opened his own school, has anyone heard of this stuff happening from villaris or ussd?

5. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

What form was it?

6. fightingninja2

karateforums

7. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Defensive Maneuvers 1-21 come from Kejukenbo
    Defensive Maneuvers 22-27 stem from Kara Zenpo Goshin Jitsu
    Many Kempo Punch Techniques and club and knife defenses are derived from Kajukenpo
    Katas 1-5 are from Kara Zenpo Goshin Jitsu
    The Pinans are standard to most traditional martial arts

Where is the shaolin kempo in USSDs system? Isn't sincerity one of their principles?
    Are they lying what they are teaching? It appears that way to me

8. fightingninja2

Lying seems to me one of their best traits in ussd IMHO. When ever I asked my district manager about some other school he would say they are crap. Evan the shaolin do people who teach real SHAOLIN he said were crap
    :confused:
    He probably just didn't want me to train somwhere else and figure out that I am not learning any shaolin, IMHO they called it shaolin for marketing.

IMHO this shows someones true character when you lie to everyone you teach and say that they are learning shaolin defensive maneuvers, when they are really learning kempo combinations.

9. octopic

octopic New Member

Who told you that the Shaolin-Do people teach real Shaolin? You might want to research that a little bit.

10. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Octopic, you dont actually beleave ussd or villaris teach real shaolin do you?

11. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

This "Real Shaolin" business is a bit confusing to put it mildly. I was at a seminar with the Shaolin Monks hosted by the USSD in 2003 in Anaheim. They taught us a form and performed for us the following day. Well, it was mostly acrobatics mixed with kung fu. It was what has been referred to as "modern wu shu" and it has little or nothing to do with what the original Shaolin Monks taught and practiced a century ago. To get that, you have to look at the traditional Kung Fu schools that had their origins in the Shaolin School. There were MANY arts that came out of the original Shaolin Temples Northern and Southern.

Having said that, what the Shaolin Monks showed us had NOTHING to do with Shaolin Kempo Karate. Yes yes the Abbot (read Puppet for Chinese Govt.) read us some prepared statement that said we were practicing real kung fu etc., but it had far more to do with the fact that the USSD gave them a reported $150,000.00 . This also got the USSD a monument at the Shaolin Temple. Ah yes, I can see it now, the image of Kwai Chang Caine next to the USSD monument. What a joke.

Most of the real Shaolin practitioners went to Taiwan in the early 20th century and stayed there. The Monks that are there now have far more in common with Jackie Chan's Chinese Opera training than real Kung Fu. It's impressive to look at, but it's not real fighting.

12. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

You are right danjo,

I just find it sad and pathetic when people are confronted with the truth of ussd shaolin kempo or villaris are still in denial that they are learning shaolin-or teaching shaolin. Its sad that their instructors lie to them. :cry:

13. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Aside from Demasco and Mattera with their marketing, I don't think that very many people are arguing too strongly for that link anymore.

14. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

They shouldnt be able to call their art shaolin. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

15. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

If only

I hope this is true, DAnjo. Unfortunately, my SKK guide tells me I am learning "the identical techniques the Shaolin monks practiced 2000 years ago" ;) I have a good laugh at that.

16. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

But who should? :D

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yeah, good point. Just gets sillier all the time. I doubt that too many believe this though.

18. octopic

octopic New Member

I'm not sure what 'real shaolin' is. I do believe that most of the higher forms in SKK (2nd Dan and higher) have a kung fu influence to them, and that many of the higher ranking combinations have similar kung fu influences. Several of the movements in my upper rank forms also appear in the Northern Long Fist that I've studied. I'll throw the question back to you then, what is 'real shaolin'? I would make the argument that it isn't the stuff taught in the current incarnation of the temple, but that's just my opinion.

19. fightingninja2

Hi guan-gi, The dm's you are learning are really kempo combos from fred villari and nick cerio and sonny gascon.Mattera just calls them shaoin defensive manuevers.If you look in your manual you will see he makes no mention of fred villari being his teacher. He studied with villari from 70-88.

20. fightingninja2

To understand Shaolin-Do you need to meet
    our current Grandmaster, Sin Kwang Thé
    The son of Chinese parents, Sin Thé was born in Bandung, Indonesia. He began his martial arts training under a sand burn master at the age of 6. When he was 7 years old he began studying under one of Grandmaster Ie's top students. After proving himself worthy, he then studied under Grandmaster Ie Chang Ming as a private student until Ie Chang Ming retired and passed the title of Grandmaster to Sin Kwang Thé (at the age of 25).

Having learned the entire body of Shaolin weapon, empty hand, animal, and internal styles, Sin Kwang Thé became the youngest Grandmaster in Shaolin history. Any martial arts school is limited by the accumulated body of information available to the student. In Shaolin Do, this body of knowledge is almost limitless, as Grandmaster Thé constantly reveals new forms from the 900-plus Shaolin forms he received. In truth, the students of Shaolin Do are limited only by their level of dedication and perseverance.

This linage looks better than mattera's or villari's to me.