USSD vs VILLARIS

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 14, 2005.

1. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

And why do you think you would even talk to one of his assistants?

When you get off the phone with him please call Bill Gates and ask him why windows has so many security holes.

Please give in to the temptation and let us know how it goes. The insulation around him says as much as your questions.

2. Jet Jaguar

Jet Jaguar New Member

I have his cell phone number. As long as he hasn't changed cell phone providers in the past year and a half, I can call him. I can't promise he'll answer.

I'm sorry, I don't have Bill Gates' cell phone number, but If I meet him, I'll be sure to address that question for you.

Besides, I think with enough creativity anyone can reach Demasco.. just call and say you'd like to do an interview for a magazine. His ego will return your call.

3. flyingleopard

flyingleopard New Member

MY friend told me they are paid 250 to 350 a week and no taxes taken out.
    Now this may just be his area of schools I dont know if they whole company is run like that?
    HE told me no insurance for instructors because they are 1099s does anybody know if this true?

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

ROFL I bet!!!! :)

5. flyingleopard

flyingleopard New Member

Too bad damasco stayed with them he should have gone on his own he has way more knowledge then mattera in my opinion. :bang:

6. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

The chief instructors are paid by 1099's no taxes taken out and set hours!!!12:00-9:00pm

No benefits or insurance.

You can't evan own your dojo ether.

7. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

Damasco should have left them a long time ago. He was never evan promoted by mattera and he has way more knowledge or else why was he promotted by other masters?

8. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

If you have set hours isn't that illegal for 1099s?

9. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

who?

who is demasco and mattera?

10. octopic

octopic New Member

Yes, that would make you a defacto employee and you would be able to go after your employer for half of your social security and medicare taxes. However, most people don't know that, and even if they do, they don't bother to complain.

11. octopic

octopic New Member

They're the two people who broke off from Villari's to start USSD. I believe that they were both 7th degrees when the broke off.

12. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

without starting another mudslinging session, is there somewhere i can get the backstory of split.

13. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Okay, without the mudslinging: Matterra was a purple belt with Cerio when Villari left him. One of the things that Villari did was skip Mattera from Purple to green belt if he came with him. Mattera got all of his rank up to 7th degree from Villari and was his right hand man. In 1988, Mattera apparently wanted to run his own show and split with Villari and took a lot of other black belts with him. He revived Villari's old name of USSD and started his own thing on the West Coast. In 1993, East Coast Villari man Steve Demasco, who was a 7th degree with Villari, left Villari and joined forces with Mattera running the East Coast schools.

14. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Scoot woods a 5th dan left with mattera and left a few years later and went back to villaris for a little while and picked up a 7th dan from villari then went on his own.
    Paul taylor was a 4th or 5th when he left with mattera now he is a 8th.

15. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

from Villari and was his right hand man.

I thought fred bagley was villaris right hand man?
    He was an 8th degree with villari when mattera left and was on the rank certifcates as senior instructor.

16. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

You are correct, Master Bagley was indeed a Hachidan when he broke off with Prof. Nohelty and Prof. Bryant. and From what I understand Master Bagley was considered GM Villari's highest ranking (most able) student at the time.

17. Red J

Red J New Member

What is interesting is that some claim that they were in the Villari umbrella while others don't. If you basically received first through seventh with Villari, why not claim it and not make it look like you had been training with someone else. It just makes it look like sour grapes when you cut out the majority of your lineage, especially when many people know better. In the case of USSD and Master's Self Defense, both organizations make no mention of this on their websites while Cal Carozzi, Kempokan, and Ingargiola's Shaolin Self Defense Centers do.

(If I am wrong about any of these organizations and their current stances, please feel free to correct).

18. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Bagley was Villari's highest ranking student, but Mattera was more into helping Villari run the opperation is my understanding. Anyways, that's what I have been told.

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I agree with you. It just makes him look sleazy to cut Villari out and Claim that Cerio was his instructor.

20. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I am with Masters Self Defense. My Instructors are Master Jody Mullaney and Prof. Nohelty directly.
    Prof. Nohelty never denies his lineage of GM Villari. I have heard him state this openly and in public. He also recognizes Prof. Cerio as his Instructor, as well as, GM Pesare. Who awarded the title of Prof. and Hachidan ranking to both Prof. Nohelty and Prof. Bryant.
    I do agree though, the Villaris part of the lineage has always been omitted from the family tree as long as I have been with them (1996). The break from GM Master Villari is very definite on their website... He is nowhere to be found. It never really bothered me because everyone in the Org is always very open about the "Villari Connection". The only place I saw the break was on the family trees in the student manuals and the website.
    JoeV.