University Kickboxing Clubs???

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by kickboxingidiot, Dec 8, 2005.

1. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Newcastle uni KB club and their Thaiboxing club work closely tgoether and some of their thaiboxers have even fought in the cage!

watch this space, a force to be recokined with!!!

I still say that UKC (Kent) and Sussex Uni are the best Southern kickboxing clubs

Sussex seem to ahve a better quality of fighters but kent have a sheer volume (fighitn them is like fighting an army!)

2. kickboxingidiot

Hey Hiroji
    I hear that leeds might not be making an apperance this time?
    Maybe they read my posts previous when i mentioned how strong the 71kg division will be?

3. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

I'm not in the club any more, but still get e-mails as I'm still on the mailing list....

Southampton intend to have a go (not sure if they've contacted you yet), and some of the fighters that were there in my time (only a year ago, but it feels a lifetime) should be maturing quite well now.

If I'm not up to anything at the time I might come along to one of the comps as a spectator :D

4. kickboxingidiot

The southern one is next month
    26th feb at canterbury

the northern one is in sheffield 18th of feb ( a saturday)

5. Screwi

Screwi New Member

southern competition?? 26th of feb???

hey you got any details?

i'm a student at ucl in london, not a member of the thaiboxing club there but i train in london, maybe that makes me eligible? haven't trained for a while (busted ankle) but can get my self into shape in a month if a bit of a kickabout is on offer...

6. kickboxingidiot

sure you can enter,... you are more than welcome.
    Email your contact details (phone number prefarably) to info@sheffieldkickboxing.com
    Nice to hear that thaiboxers are being open minded and trying something new.
    Theres even MMA and SanDA guys having a go.

7. Screwi

Screwi New Member

well actually i'm a savateur :)

i think that the muay thai club is the only 'kickboxing' club actually affiliated to the university tho...

will have to see how it goes...

8. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Ask about event insurance Screwi

Don't forget to ask the Organisers if they have arranged 'Event Insurance', as your own Organisation's insurance will probably not cover you in non-Savate events - in the same way that their insurance might not cover them in ours.

I/we always arrange event insurance when outsiders are likely to attend our events as I have had previous experience of someone trying (unsuccessfully) to sue me when then injured themselves doing something reckless.

Pugil

9. kickboxingidiot

Hi Screwi
    1. there is event insurance
    2. if youre a uni student your eligible
    3. if youre up to the challenge then go for it. Theres a lot of people around who dont want this event to go well(they know who they are) lets keep pushin the sport forwards :)

10. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Yo kickboxingidiot!

Im not sure whats going on at leeds with regards to whos fighting. Im fairly new at leeds so i aint really heard much about it.

Dont think ill be fighting though! My training has been too irregular since september, but who knows.

Are you fighting? if so good luck bud.

11. Samleeds

Samleeds New Member

pah!! we'll be there, kickin ass again!! Will's determined to get revenge (not against the guy, just in general), and i'm heavier so i'll be in the 79kg cat this year.... Still not sure if that's good or bad!?!

I'm curious as to who Hiroji and Taliq (sp?) are.... comeon lads, who are you? Is one of you Matt W....?

12. Samleeds

Samleeds New Member

no! lol
    there's an MMA guy who started with us this year, i reckon he'll be competing. Wish i had the time to do MMA.....

13. Taliq

Taliq New Member

Alrigth Sam! And no I'm not Matt W. Will...revenge...I like it.

14. Samleeds

Samleeds New Member

so who are ya then?!

there seems to be some politics going on with leeds' entries this year....scandalous

15. kickboxingidiot

what kind of politics sam?
    you gonna kick ass this year then?

is will the heavyweight?

16. Taliq

Taliq New Member

Sorry to anser for u Sam, but...

They probably couldn't find a judge to bribe :D

yup Will's a heavy weight or very heavyweight dependin on how many takeaways he's had (they train hard these lot). But he's a top laugh. I hope he wins.

17. Samleeds

Samleeds New Member

hah, bribing eh mush?! whatever.... lol

the politics i mentioned turned out to be a load of rubbish, so ignore that guys.

We've had a good response from club members so hopefully will get quite a crowd down to Sheffield to show everyone else how it's done!

:D

18. kickboxingidiot

show everyone else how its done eh?
    Ill see you on the mat and let my gloves and boots do the talking :)
    See you in sheffield sam!

19. Samleeds

Samleeds New Member

yes you will!! i'm all talk me, i wouldn't be surprised if i go out in the first round....

20. kickboxingidiot

Samleeds :yes you will!! i'm all talk me, i wouldn't be surprised if i go out in the first round....

I would!!!
    Be surprised that is

I am fully aware of your ability and am not taking you lightly