UK commandos go bare back

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nzric, Nov 27, 2005.

1. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

You haven't lived till you have done naked PT on the Yorkshire moors in late January. I don't know if it made a man out of me but it nearly made a girl out off me. BRRRRRRRRRR.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

This confirms the link between the Royal Marines and the Roman Gladiators. We now have clear evidence that the Royal Marines are carrying on the proud traditions of Pankration.

That saved me a ton of research.
    :D

4. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

LOL...

It's everywhere isn't it...

:D

5. slipthejab

I'm starting to think that all science text books have typos... where it states carbon is the basic building block of the universe... it's actually meant to read that Roman Gladiators are the basic building block of the universe. :D

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Marines, bored, drunk ..... what else do people expect but fighting, rows, and nudity?!

Granted the NCO's behaviour was well outta line, but there is a certain amount of idiots to be expected

7. slipthejab

And after all if they couldn't handle a bit of nudity, violence and mayhem in the good old outdoors... then how in the hell would you expect them to be a successful marine corp.?!:D

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Exactly!

:d

9. nzric

Yep and I bet they're defending the god given right of every red blooded male to dress as a nurse or a schoolgirl! :D

10. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Why all the surprise? It's just the officers giving their men a taste of what they learned in their English public school education. ;)

12. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

No officers were involved.

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Wonder why the surgeon guy kicked the naked in the head?

It really puzzles me why people want to join the army! :D

14. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

These were the marines.

All the Army do for initiation is wipe their **** cracks over your nose. Apparently.

15. nzric

Now some of you have real good questions to ask those friendly army recruiters next time they come to your school!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  16. tellner

tellner Valued Member

All sorts of comments and old jokes come to mind. Every single one of them is against the TOS :cry:

So I'll just give the punchline to one of my favorites:

17. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Do you think they woke up the next day with a massive hangover and think; "Oh crap we didn't really fight naked with big tubes on our arms refereed by NCO's dressed as surgeons and schoolgirls did we? I'm glad nobody saw us..."

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

they probably weren't drunk

19. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

They were, maybe not blootered but they all had to drink.

20. marco

marco Valued Member

Oh yes, drink would definitely be involved. It's just unit initiation and has been going on forever. Christ, if the civvies only knew the half of it.
    Adouglasmhor and Taff, you sound like ex-bootnecks.......is this the case ?