UFC Reality TV

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

20lbs just seems like a ridiculous, if not very unhealthy, amount of weight to lose. I can't imagine the amount of strain that it puts on the body.

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

wow, ok, world war 3 just started. ok, here we go. 1. you go in to a jujitsu academy or an MMA club and tell them that they are "rolling around" and not fighting, and they'll show u the intricacies of grappling and the immense pain and damage that accompany.

2.if memory serves, wasn't grappling a large part of Pride too?

why do you hate the UFC, do you fear grappling?
    or maybe its real combat? which one?

Cro Cop is good, i like him.
    Granted Tito isn't a visual delight, thats called his game face. eveyone makes a weird face when getting punched in the kidneys or trying to work their way out of a triangle choke.

I'd place my bottom buck on the fact that Tito would beat the [removed!] out of alot of if not all of the K-1 guys, and the ones TIto can't take, send in Liddle, he lost? then end the problem and send in Coture.
    MMA fighters are some of the greatest fighters in the world. and the cream of the crop is the UFC fighters.

they are the great warriors of our time and you should be executed for speaking in slandorous tounge. :D j/k

seriously though, those are the greats. I'm confident that among the UFC lies the worlds single greatest figher.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I wouldn't agree with that to be honest. First of all, Tito fighting K1, with K1 rules? He'd be sure to lose.

And the cream of the crop is Pride :)

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

ok, everytime i make a referance to an MMA fighter fighting someone, somebody always says what rules? what do you think MMA rules. real combat.

not just tito, any of the great UFC gods, why do u say that the cream of the crop is pride? i can name countless fighters of the UFC who are gods, and only a handful from pride. i think the competition in the UFC is alot stiffer.

5. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

People wouldn't ask which rules you were talking about if you said "in MMA" at the end of the sentence. ;)

Btw, Pride is better.

Most of the top MMA guys would get torn apart in K-1, Tito included.

Cro Cop and Hunt seem to have made the transition from K-1 to MMA pretty well, I wouldn't say all UFC fighters could beat all K-1 fighters (especially since K-1 has MMA now ;) ).

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

You must realise that there is K1, and K1 Romanex. Two very different styles of compititoin. One is purely stand up, the other is MMA. If Tito were ever to enter K1 (stand up), he would get torn apart. It is host to some serious fighters with amazing abilities.

Naturally it's debatable; but to claim that UFC contains the best fighters is quite an exaggeration. UFC is certianally host to some awesome fighters, but it is common knowledge that very few are in the same league of the majority of Pride fighters.

Apparently Sakakibara (the Pride president) is heading over to the US in an attempt to sign Tito Ortiz to the upcomming Pride Middleweight GP. Despite the huge payrise Tito would receive, I seriously doubt he will accept the contract, simply because he knows he would be out of his league.

7. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

You just havent watched enough Pride. :p

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

u know i just realized that i shouldn't be arguing over which is better, the point i've been trying to make for the longest time is that MMA fighters are the most efficent fighters. period, screwTMA's {well, not all TMA's} just the unevolved inefficent ones. no, i take that back. the original point i was trying to make was that tito would slaughter the K-1 guys, becuase he was more rounded and could grapple. but i've been enlightened and now know that K-1 has an MMA comp as well, thats good to hear.

9. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

UFC is the getoo version of Pride.... Tek trust me i know how to fight on the ground i am not that stupid to understmate grapplering however i do have confedence in my MT skills and stand up fighting.....

Buddy i have had a firend fight in MMA but if there are no takedowns most grapplers will get eaten alive..... Cuz i have fought some grapplers my self.

What Yukimushu said is true grapplers in stand up fighting will have no chance. I reason i want to meet Cro cop is that he is great with stand up fighting great power but knows enough ground to defend himself from submissons...
    Tekken it's great you like UFC but UFC is only the training grounds for fighters Pride is the real deal. All the great fighters like nog,fedor,cro cop, hunt,siva..... are all in Pride. What i sometimes wonder is how UFC lets any one what body builds in... I seen guys that only did BJJ of 1 to 2 years fight in UFC. I am not saying a person can't learn that fast but most of the fighters in Pride have over 10 or more years in fighting so there skill level is much higher.

I don't care what you think of me you don't know me i don't know you. I have been training with some grapplers for defences for takedowns and that will give me a edge agianist grapllers. Don't understmate the POWER of MUAY THAI or K1.

10. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

You can download episode 3 from this link

(ok - you missed it)

Paul

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  11. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

not ALL the great fighters...Pride still doesn't have Randy Couture...

12. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

Don't make me laugh.

13. Fjaslokt

Fjaslokt Valued Member

Please remove the link.. I don`t think MAP want the Spike TV network on their neck .. Good intentions though.. !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

whats to laugh at? the fact that they don't have Liddle or Coture?

15. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

fjasklot - you need to edit your quote as well!!

Paul

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The sound effect's used during the Southworth vs Sincaid fight made me giggle. You could hear a quiet, but distinct "thud" after every punch or knee :)

I was expecting to hear a cheesy "Finish Him!" similar to that of mortal combat as Sincaid got knocked out :)

17. Splush

Splush Valued Member

Damn Diego is fast!!! I wish he didnt end the match so soon.

My favorite fighter is Nathan... He just seems to have that bad-ass attitude, he reminds me of the Punisher.

Whats your guys favorite fighter on the show?

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

" Everyone loves a bad guy. " :rolleyes:

Chris Leben is my favorite; I hate him, but i love him - its rather bizarre :)

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i'd go with nathan too, he is a bad ass but also has respect for the other guys on the show and that makes him seem alittle more noble and intelligent than the other guys.

20. Splush

Splush Valued Member

My thoughts exactly.