Ufc 75

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

I totally agree with you. I was thinking the exact same thing on Saturday. I can't remember the fights exactly, but I do remember hearing his name as a judge in some controversial bouts.

I don't know what he knows about MMA, as I recall reading about him many years ago in one of those martial arts mags as having a Dojo of the Month. He was active as a referee/judge in the point-sparring circuit.

After his long involvement in non- or semi-contact sport karate, perhaps he can't let go of the fact that a light touch, although considered a point in karate/tkd/kung fu tournaments, does not count in MMA.

I'm just trying to make sense of where his logic would have come from based on his experience/martial arts background. His decision of that fight would make one think that he was watching another fight :rolleyes:

Maybe he was kissing London's b*tt so that he wouldn't look like the bad guy and so that he could still got to a local pub to have his last fish & chips with a pint before leaving for the airport peacefully (avoiding the hooliganism that Thomas had mentioned), all at Matt Hamill's expense :confused:

Bisping was on his bicycle (and on his *ss) most of the fight. Hamill should've just stuck to his groundwork, but he took Bisping down at will pretty much AND he dominated the standup.

Up until Saturday, I considered Bisping as one of my fave up-and-coming fighters. However, based upon the after-fight shenanigans, it appears that Hamill had better class.

Hamill did at least 2 things to Bisping that bout:

1) Beat his face up (for a "winner", Bisping sure looked worse-for-wear than Hamill);

2) Bashed his brains in (Bisping actually thinks he won the fight and opens his loudmouth; he should've just shut-up knowing that he was given a gift that he didn't deserve that night; talk about brain-damage).

Funny how the commentators, Rogan & Goldberg, wouldn't comment on that aspect of the fight, although you could tell that they'd sense it, too. It's called "job security" lol However, Rogan mentioned a few times that Bisping should consider moving down to 185. That's a nice, PC way of saying "You're taking a beating tonight, son...you don't belong with the big boys!" :woo:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

Cro Cop got broken ribs

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The other funny thing was that I was chatting with a guy next to me and we were joking about how CroCop is so calm...stalks/walks down his prey and even when he gets tagged looks completely unfazed....

2 seconds later: Mirko takes a knee right into the goolies and his face melts like a lead guitarist in an 80s swedish rock band.

They then decide to replay the knee to the groin over and over again on the big screens..getting closer each time.
    Never have I seen such a large crowd of mn collectivly cross their legs in unison. :D

4. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

My apologies for not posting this in 'Fight Discussions' to begin with. These are the official results:
    Jess Liaudin Wins by Technical Knock Out at 4:10 in the 1st round.
    Dennis Siver Wins by Knock Out at 2:04 in the 2nd round.
    Thiago Silva Wins by Technical Knock Out at 4:23 in the 2nd round.
    Gleison Tibau Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
    Houston Alexander Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:01 in the 1st round.
    Marcus Davis Wins by Submission at 4:14 in the 1st round by arm bar.
    Cheick Kongo Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
    Michael Bisping Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
    Quinton Jackson Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 5th round.
    They had some good bouts.
    Thanks,
    Tom

5. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Bisping/Hamill

This is not the only forum complaining about the decision. I must remind everyone though that when you go into someone else's backyard you have to beat them up badly. You can't leave room for a decision when you are in the other guys sand box. You have to take it from him leaving no doubt. I'm probably not the only guy here who has gotten the short end of the stick in similiar circumstances.
    Thanks,
    Tom

6. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

except it was the british judge who gave it to hamill, and the american judges who gave it to bisping.

7. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Go figure?!? Maybe it's a "you kiss my b*tt, I'll kiss your b*tt", "can't we all just get along", "kumbaya" international public relations lovefest that didn't work out in Hamill's favour.

And it wasn't even a title bout where you'd usually have to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you'd beaten the champ soundly. Perhaps the judges shouldn't have been from either participating nation (non-Brit, non-Yank)? <shrug>

There was no champ, but there sure was at least one chump among them all :woo: