Ufc 68, 3/3/07

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Sever just said exactly what I am thinking...

Beating Sylvia is one thing...beating Mirko is a whole different ball game

2. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

So he wins now he is no good against someone else who did not nor does not hold the belt. LOL

You folks are funny with your thoughts. The guy is good give credit where credit is due.

:D

3. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

You must not know very much about CroCop and by not very much, I mean absolutely nothing at all.

Go google some fights and look at the difference in skill level between Tim Sylvia and Crocop.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

You clearly have no idea what kind of level Mirko Crocop is on
    Styles make fights and Crocop's style is just made to beat a guy like Couture - a great striker that he can't take down. Couture can't beat Liddell and Crocop's like Liddell but a hell of a lot better at everything
    Credit IS due to Couture - I've been a Couture fan for years, the man's great, but there's credit and there's delusion. He's not beating Crocop unless there's a freak cut or something

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

IF there's a style of fighter that can beat Cro-cop I'd say it'd be a Randy Couture type in the cage.
    Close him down (NOT easy as we know), back him to the fence, takedown, keep him pinned there and whale away...repeat for 5 rounds.
    Fighting in Pride really helps cro-cop's style I believe. Getting re-started in the middle when it gets close to the ropes for example, giving him room to get back up again or bide his time until the ref gets them back up again.
    If Randy gets him to the fence and keeps him there 'd give him a fair chance of edging a win.

7. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

LOL!!! I have to agree that Mirko is to skilled to fall prey to that type of game plan. Sorry, but that whole idea is just inconceivable.

8. agsmoke

agsmoke New Member

At the end of the fight Tim Sylvia made a statement about being injured, which he was booed harshly for. Anyone have any insight on what injury he was referring to.

9. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I'd say Fedor.

Yeah. He hurt his pride. :rolleyes:

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Randy has a chance, but Mirko is a bigger version of Chuck...not only bigger but also better in almost every aspect.

Couture might get him down, but he will have trouble keeping him down.

Not to mention Mirko has improved his ground game quite a bit, not enough to submit Couture but enough to defend against him. Then after the round, Randy has to do it all over again..

I just see him going to and eating straight lefts all day, getting his legs chopped, and then eating a LHK to end the fight and his comeback.

Edit- Forgot to mention that Sylvia apparently hurt his back, or in other reports his knee...I doubt it was anything serious though.

11. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Silvia Injured?

I think it was his pride that got hurt.

Thanks,
    Sensei Tom

12. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

aren't crocop and chuck liddell both 220? i remember hearing that chuck walks around at 220, so he loses 15lbs for every fight.

13. Liffguard

Liffguard Valued Member

I definately wouldn't count Randy out just like that but still, I'd be surprised if Cro Cop didn't win.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Agreed.
    I'm not saying Couture will win just that his style of fighting may be the best style to counter Cro-cops style of fighting.
    It'll be damn interesting either way! :)

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I predicted a randy win against sylvia,he is without any doubt a great fighter/competitor,but look what happened with chuck,and cro crop is a far far better striker than chuck,and he has good take down defence,one thing on randys side is he is a great strategist and may come up with a good game plan to win,i hope its not to throw the type of low kick and right hand he did against sylvia! i would like to see randy win but i predict cro crop will take it by ko :)

16. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I'd agree with Fedor beating Cro-Cop...in fact, hasn't it already happened? I think that's one of the many reasons why CroCop left Pride and went to the UFC. He can't beat Fedor.

LOL about Tim Sylvia's pride being hurt! Only a poor sport would attribute some of his loss to an injury...

17. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Yeah, Fedor beat CroCop.

18. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

That's what I thought...

19. Atharel

Atharel Errant

So did Noguiera. Randy obviously needs to train his jits! ;)

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i call a herniated disk a serious injury and a damn good exucse. he tried to back out or atleast reschedule but hed already signed and dana wouldn't allow it.

thats not to take away from randys accomplishment though. im confident he could have done it anyway.