UFC 167: 16th November

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Nov 3, 2013.

1. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I see Silva beating Wideman and going as soon as possible to a superfight with GSP. If GSP loses twice then that is off the table.

I can see both of them thinking more about this final big payday, and they have both earned it so why not?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It is but with the absence of a poll I wanted to throw in my ha'penny worth :)

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

GSP doesn't want that fight. Silva moving up to 205 for a superfight with Jones is the more likely result. Even though I doubt it'll happen I hope he loses to Weidman again and they manage to get him and Machida to agree to fight.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am more worried about GSP retiring if he wins. But I am hoping that he is going after the most defenses record now that Silva's streak was stopped.

I just can't conjecture Hendricks winning, as I just don't see it happening.

I think GSP has made it perfectly clear he doesn't want the Silva fight. And I don't see why he should. I am not a fan of superfights. The size disatvantage means the idea of it deciding a P4P winner is tainted. They have weight classes for a reason.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  5. Southpaw535

He might. I'm still hoping for a second fight with Condit before he does though. Be very interesting to see what happens to the division if GSP goes. Its one of the more competitive I think after LW as far as not having a dominant champion. Could see that title changing hands a few times. Will be incredibly sad if he does retire though

6. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I guess time will tell. Though he is walking around a lot heavier than pre injury, so weight isn't such a big thing. I will be forever hopeful.

7. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

I see gsp taking Hendricks down.
    Gsp take down defence is better than Hendricks.
    Best chance for Hendricks is to try and keep it standing.
    Actually, gsp is better on his feet anyway but there is just something about Hendricks.

Hendricks ko round 2 at 1min 6 seconds

8. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

SATURDAY i cant WAIT!!!

Hendricks 4th round KO

9. Southpaw535

Its the Bleacher Report but try not to hold that against me too much. They had a decent response to my quesiton earlier in the thread about whether Hendricks can stop the takedown

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I'm not sure Hendricks can go 3 rounds, I doubt that in the Championship rounds he will be too exciting, the first couple though.. they are dangerous.

Personally, I'll be glad when it is all over so we can get back to training as usual.

I'll likely watch the fight on Sunday, Remember folks, if you don't use
    I'll have to come around and raccoon you :)

11. Southpaw535

Or, you know, you could not go on the thread about a fight that's just happened and act surprised that people are talking about it :p

12. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Good point, and I can avoid it, but in fairness this thread is titled 16th november not GSP Hendricks or UFC 167 so others may stumble upon it.

Honestly, me if I don't watch it by sunday its all spoiled for me anyway, I can avoid twitter for the day, but then as soon as I sit down in class it is either the first thing out of someones mouth or even worse, everyone keeps mum about it and then the teacher says 'lets look at the Pettis Armbar' cmon!

13. Southpaw535

Good point :hat:

14. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I thought the thread was about 'shroom's wrestling match. Just like that buggar to derail his own thread

15. Southpaw535

I completely missed that and now feel terrible. Sorry 'Shroomy. Best of luck though!

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Lol.

Actually it was a tongue in cheek way of actually talking about UFC 167 and I just happen to be wrestling on that day.
    I kinda forgot to change the title.

Anyhoo, this is an interesting article and will GSP be willing?

17. Southpaw535

Wasn't he the one who told him to retire after Diaz? I don't know if it'll make much difference. I think GSP will retire sooner than later but for his detractors about his fighting style he clearly hangs an incredible amount of importance on his legacy and on being the best. I don't think that's an easy thing for him to walk away from.

The flip side to that is if he beats Hendricks he's going to be in limbo for the forseeable future because there isn't another contender. Since he beat Shields he had Diaz, Condit and Hendricks as clear contenders for him to focus on next. He doesn't have that now and he'll go back to having essentially cleaned out the division.

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

GSP is going to finish this fight, by sub or knockout. Hendricks any keep it standing, and if he does, he'll get knocked out. I've seen him hit Thai pads and the amount of times he drops his hands is crazy. Hendricks won't have the sub defence to stop GSP.

I reckon Hendricks is stronger, but nowhere near as skilled.

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He should fight Anderson Silva. :)

20. Southpaw535

That'll be his retirement fight I imagine.