Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by adouglasmhor, Apr 23, 2008.

1. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

[​IMG]

Who is looking forward to this.
    Clean install Coming up on this PC.
    It's tomorrow but what time will it be out at?

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Absolutely no idea, but I will tell you, it's great.
    Been using it since Alpha 5.

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

The ATI Restricted Driver was broken, any news if they have fixed it for the release?

4. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

I'm looking forward to it very much!

5. Folk_Theory

Folk_Theory New Member

i can't wait. the servers will be so busy though i'm afraid it'll take some 10 hours to upgrade!

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced :D I can't wait!!! :D :D :D

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

torrents will be up - will this be the biggest legal torrent ever?

8. Folk_Theory

Folk_Theory New Member

i'll be downloading/seeding a torrent but mainly to have as a LiveCD. the current installation i'll upgrade once the 'storm' has passed

9. Folk_Theory

Folk_Theory New Member

10. PeterRooke

PeterRooke New Member

11. Folk_Theory

Folk_Theory New Member

im done upgrading took a long time. it's a huge improvement on Gutsy deffinitly give it a try.

12. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Oh man I did the upgrade using the upgrade tool. :bang: I didn't know it was so big. The lasttime it was done in about 30 minutes. This was hours and hours and hours and never seemed to end. :bang:

I'm not sure about hardy. Everything seems a lot more stable. But then some things just won't work. Like emerald for example. It just won't apply window themes. Can't figure it out. 3D Windows plug-in won't work either. Crash handler doesn't work. I think I'm going to have to do a complete re-install from scratch.

Firefox 3 works well though. It hasn't crashed once since the upgrade.

13. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I've just rolled back to 7.10. Main reason was video playback, general resizing windows and scrolling was all very jittery. Wasn't smooth at all. The other reason was firefox 3. I can't live without my add-ons and most of them weren't available on firefox 3! :p Apart from that it looked good.

7.10 works great for me, so I will stick with that for a while.