TUF18 - Rousey v Tate

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Princess Haru, Sep 7, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I've recorded it but not watched it yet, don't tell me :p. Just watched a playback of Gustaffsen (sp?) Vs Jon Jones for the light heavyweight title, was thoroughly impressed and loved the whole match, so I'm really looking forward to another slug fest :D

I quite enjoyed last week's fight actually. It wasn't the most spectacular admittedly, but the british dude (I can't remember his name) did damn well with his striking, especially given the weight he had to cut so quickly. Yikes :eek:

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Everytime Rousey's girl spoke all I could think of was Sandy from Spongebob. That was the big thing I took away from it. Also girls in bikinis. And girls that are in shape are attractivr.

But yeah it was a great fight. Shame the loser seemed to be a bit frozen and didnt open up until it was too late

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Thank god there was no more repeat of I'm doing this for my family back home, I've been training my whole life for this, I survived the zombie apocalypse for this fight, etc blah blub zzzz :p

Thought it was pretty brave of Rachel to talk about her girlfriend. I can't imagine a guy ever doing the same, but what do I know, there might be several if not on TUF in MMA

4. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I caught the tail end of the show unfortunately , but I got to see the last two rounds of the 2 females fighting. Man those girls are bringing it, I have not seen one fight like that with the guys. You can tell those girls want it more than those personality-less dudes in the house this season.

Rousey AGAIN acting like a big baby. ****es me off everytime I see her act like that. I hope Tate smashes her man KO, screw a submission.

5. Southpaw535

Oh god that was cringe worthy last week. "I love my family so much I gave up my stable job to take a crack at a job that is notoriously hard to be successful in."

There was a lot of speculation GSP was gay after White, and I think a few others confirmed, that there is a very popular fighter who hasn't publicly come out yet.

6. LemonSloth

Got round to watching this weeks' fight, that was awesome! I'm a sucker for a good slug fest and those two really went at it this week.

Rousey, on the other hand, I am really beginning to detest. The thing is you see her at the Hooters event thingey and she was drinking and laughing and, you know, seeming like a normal person. She gets in the house and its' all just whining, moaning, swearing and trying to be tougher than she is. We get it, her mum tried to teach her she have to be the top of her game and hard as nails, but she could at least have some good social skills.

Last week wasn't too terrible with the sob stories but I'm glad Louis got tapped out. As far as I'm concerned he didn't deserve a play in the House when he first tried and he certainly didn't deserve a second chance.

7. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^I agree, no second chance was deserved. He was an overprivileged wannabe

8. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Did not enjoy last nights TUF that much, on top of that THEY ARE DRAGGING this season out, and are airing a "clips" episode of the "drama" that has occurred this season on the show next week instead of an episode.

Anyways, again, compared to the last fight female vs female, this male vs male fight was kinda lackluster IN COMPARISON. On its own it was a decent fight that swung in each of the fighters favor depending on what round it was.

But like I said its like the guys are just there to hang out this season.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I used to like Rousey but she's acting like a little girl pouting all the time. She has zero social skills.

10. righty

righty Valued Member

Huh What what???

Saw the latest one, not going to give anything away. I like the longer fights on this show simply because it means less episode time is spent on reality TV annoying stuff.

But anyway, looks like there is no fights in the next episode and is instead a pointless mid-season show recap. But then with 2 fights in the episode afterwards. What's up with that? I don't think I will bother with the next one at all.

11. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

NO other coach has ever been as immature or disrespectful to a 'humbled' opponent. Despite what she said in the past, Rousey needs to learn how to "let it go" or get over it. I HATE everytime she totally disrepects Tates team when one of her fighters win by flicking them the bird. Dont take your hate out on the innocent team ROUSEY.

I expected antics like this from Chael Sonnen, not the evil witch of the west.

12. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

The only episodes I've watched were 4 and a little of the season opener. From the sound of it, I'm not missing anything.

Kwajman, how'd you go from Penguin in Paradise measuring the remains of gammas in the Bikini Atol if my memory serves to Lafayette, Ind?

You must've rubbed some rear-admiral the wrong way!

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Government contract expired. Doing what I can now....Lafayette is where I grew up. :(

14. LemonSloth

Still watching the last episode, finding it pretty dreary so far. The antics between the coaches are starting to get really, really tedious. But in Rouseys' defence this time, there was a nice point where she was getting involved with the movement on the ground and laughing and generally acting like a nice person. So presumably she does have it in her, but she comes across most the time as an awful, awful person.

15. Southpaw535

If you watch any video of Rousey doing interviews or whatever she does come across as a nice person. I mean this beef with Tate does go back a while and to some degree I can see her point of view with the pictures and whatnot. And she's still better than Rampage :p

I'm also a bit miffed about this week's episode being some pointless recap thing. Dunno if that's to do with extra money or them making another attempt for more crappy "reality" stuff but hey. Probably won't watch it.

16. Southpaw535

17. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^I really hope thats true that tonight we get a true episode

18. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

UGH! It WAS a recap episode. OMG what is wrong with Dana. I guess he has to stretch the show 2 week before the year ends so I get it

19. LemonSloth

It's not really a stretch since they're condensing two fights into one episode, surely? I'm guessing next week was so dull they wanted to make it more exciting by putting two fights into one.

Still, at least we finally got that episode out of the way. That was pretty damn dull. It's nice to see Ronda as a bit less of a witch, but she's still mightily grumpy.

20. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^Ronda is everything that is wrong with MMA today. SHE DOES NOT behave like a true martial artist. No one in her camp does either. I would love to smash that guy that thinks he's so tough talking about "you lucky we on camera" . Dog that barks dont bite.

Rondas team is a joke and even Dana told her "this is not good for you, for us" about her immature behaviour.

How old is Ronda 14?