TUF18 - Rousey v Tate

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Princess Haru, Sep 7, 2013.

1. the artist

the artist Valued Member

Is there is an online web that shows the episodes?

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Hulu shows it I believe. But you have to wait a day or two before they post it.

Edit- Hulu is a legal stream.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

at the risk of getting in trouble (since Fox Sports presumably own the rights) you could try searching for mmaktfo don't expect it to be up for long though!

I was interested in watching the latest Dexter, well the last as it happens, but apart from whatever UK cable network have bought it there is no other means in the UK, go to the Shotime website for PPV and it's not happening. If it was easier like music download purchases (I still prefer good ol compact disks even if I then mp3 them to take to the gym) then maybe less people would put up these sites.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Given the creativity of UK viewers, I doubt if the Artist would be asking if he were there.

5. Princess Haru

I think he's in Australia, and so would be just as unable to access Hulu because of IP restrictions as I am without some VPN setup. Basically the same problem that stops me watching current episodes of Dexter, Homeland, etc

6. the artist

the artist Valued Member

Yeah i am from Australia, it is restristected

7. Princess Haru

okay, well I got a heads-up there's something at mma-core dot com (which might not be blocked in Aus) but you didn't hear it from me right ;) and as ever it will probably disappear in a day or two so you need to be quick

8. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

I didn't expect Senorita Pena to win that fight either as her opponent was much more experienced. But she did and congrats to her for pulling off the upset. I expect her to go far in the tournament.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I thought they made it blindingly obvious with the editing. You don't have that biased a build up, even when on paper its a shut out, unless you're setting up and underdog victory. But I'm happy they showed the girls getting annoyed at that dude asking how hard to train with them.

Also, I get they had to mention the mixed sex thing since everyone was thinking it, but I really hope it doesn't become a common feature. UFC keeps wondering why its ratings are always dropping and everything I've read points to it being because they keep trying to push the reality tv angle. No one cares. The reality tv crowd aren't going to watch TUF, they're going to watch big brother or the valleys or whatever. The audience for TUF is going to be people who want to watch fighters train and fight, with the odd bit of house stupidity here and there, but as a backdrop to the actual training.

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I want Tate to win her belt back if she can, and then move on and capitalize on her skills and beauty like Gina Carano did ;) I also like Rousey as a fighter, but whether it's for the cameras or not, an ugly attitude is ugly no matter what!!!

11. aaradia

It wouldn't be getting her belt back. Tate has never had the UFC Championship belt.

I'll take Rousey over Tate's pushing herself up from the ground on a fighters face AFTER the ending round bell rings any day. Now THAT was an ugly attitude. And then there was the whiny entitled attitude she had after losing to Zingano. She was a poor loser, much like Baszler has been after several losses.

12. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

Shaina went into the fight really overconfident and when Pena came out and took the fight to her throwing her combos Shaina was like Oh crap, its not going to be as easy as I thought. She took the fight too lightly and paid the price.

As for the mixed gender part, all these girls have trained with guys before. There are no all girls MMA gyms I know of.

13. Southpaw535

I never said she didn't. My point was that it was super obvious that that's what was going to happen because of how the build up was shown.

And my point about mixed genders wasn't anything to do with girls training with guys like its a new thing, but my fears that the show will overly focus on any relationship/sex that happens.

14. Princess Haru

I just watched it at end of Round 1 and it was petty but probably an intimidation tactic, just like Shayla's card at the weigh ins of TUF18 EP2. It didn't get a mention in the Zingano Tate post Fight conference, and Zingano was right, however much Tate thought the fight could have gone the distance it was Tate's face that showed most of the damage, she was bleeding from the nose before they even got going on Round 3.

I just got around to watching EP2 and don't think I could sit through another if I have to watch Ronda crying. Her quite frankly astounding MMA record probably doesn't give her the tools to console a fighter who has lost, as she has no experience of losing. Really both coaches need to put UFC 168 to one side and concentrate on their teams. Nobody needs drama with their training (but I can see the producers might want this)

15. aaradia

Disagree. For one thing. Rousey said she was so upset because she let down Baszler as her coach. And IMO, she did. She should have been giving her tactics for the fight instead of boosting her already too high ego. I was impressed Rousey took some responsibility here. She WAS concerned about her fighter.

Although honestly, from Shayna's blog, I think her ego would not have let her listen to any coaching advice. But at least Rousey could have tried harder.

If you read Baszler's blog, you will see that Rousey actually did say a lot past what was on the show. And that a lot of it was good advice on consoling her after her loss.

Getting physical after the bell rings is against the rules and poor sportsmanship. Tate was warned by the ref for doing it. That makes it a different league than the playing card in the sports bra, which was just poor sportsmanship. Whatever the tactic involved, it is exactly the moment I decided to NOT be a fan of Tate. Her whiny entitled attitude after the Zingano loss added to my dislike of her.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  16. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I also find ROUSEY extremely annoying to watch on this show, I hope her team gets crushed then I hope she gets crushed. What an annoying person man.

I dont follow womens MMA and not even mens MMA regularly anymore so I dont know about these previous beefs

I think they went "MTV" with the show, how it originally kinda started. I like it for entertainment, but the men fights have been lack luster. The women are fighting with all their heart

17. Southpaw535

I learnt Tate seems very insecure about Caraway

18. Princess Haru

For those who watched the fight was the warning in the second round for holding the cage? I really thought that one was going into extra time

19. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I understand that Rousey is pretty but I think she is overrted. I think Tate is prettier than her. Even the girl that she beat for the UFC belt I think looked better than her IMO.

Rousey is just more "feminine"

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Rousey always seems to be angry on the show. Yes I know she dislikes Tate but what the heck she needs to mellow a bit. Maybe it comes with the MMA mindset Idon't know.