Trump is really smart

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Oct 14, 2017.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That tax analysis is from 2 months ago, before there was an actual bill. I thought it's been revised since then.

And yes, primarily I hear my news over the radio.

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

wow, I just caught up with the news and this weeks twitter antics :|
    it seems too easily accepted for politicians to blurt out such things, which will be blindly accepted by many without fact checking :(

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

And do you find talk radio an adequate factual source?

Over here it's generally not to be trusted as it counts as entertainment and so doesn't have to be factual. It politically neutral, a bit like fox news!!

Here's a more upto date simple analysis

4. Dead_pool

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

When the person you are discussing has moved beyond mealy-mouthed nonsense of failing to condemn far right hate groups and moved to retweeting videos from the UK equivalent of the Illinois Nazis, it's time to stop the apologist nonsense.

Mussolini famously made the trains run on time, doesn't mean that strutting fascist peacock deserves one word of praise - see where I'm going?

When the president of a great nation that is supposedly devoted to freedom and openness is spreading the hateful propaganda of a borderline-illegal fascist movement, it's time to call a spade a spade. People may have voted for him for all manner of reasons, the same was true of Mussolini, but what he is doing is blatant and it is wrong.

Mitch

6. Dead_pool

7. Mitch

Britain First; What a proud history that phrase has.

And, in case we forget, it was shouted by a man as he murdered one of our politicians.

Attached Files:

bassai and David Harrison like this.
  8. Mitch

Vince Millett, bassai and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Dead_pool

Well, any new genes are good, plus she'll upset all the racist daily mail/express readers / royalists, and does seem like the best Princess we'll ever get!

Strong independent humanitarian, she checks all my princess boxes!
    (although I think she'll be a dutchess or something......)

philosoraptor and Mitch like this.
  10. Mitch

More from Trumps camp, when it was pointed out that the videos he retweeted were fake.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended the President, saying it didn’t matter if the videos were real or not.

“I think you’re focusing on the wrong thing. The threat is real and that’s what the President is talking about, is the need for national security, the need for military spending and those are very real things; there’s nothing fake about that,” she told reporters on Wednesday.

So as long as it supports your point it's ok to tweet proven lies. Because reasons.

Fake news indeed. Double unthink?

11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Well, let's be fair here: It's her job to dig the car out of the mud for him.
    What else is she supposed to say?
    And in addition: She probably has loooooots to do, so still finding excuses is probably quite an achievement at this point ;)

Without really knowing anything about her, I just hope she at least doesn't believe her own made-up excuses :(

I know I repeat myself with this, but: I still think it's more than a little scary, that a man like this governs one of the most powerful countries in the world.
    Seriously, how many things must have gone wrong, that something like this could happen, and more importantly: How many more have to go wrong, to keep him there for the next three years and maybe after?

philosoraptor and Dead_pool like this.
  12. Dead_pool

13. Dead_pool

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Doesn't have to be factual?! Wow, no, over here talk radio is fine. The whole point of the shows is reporting and commentary on the actual news, not made up stuff. In my experience all of the stations are affiliated with one of the big news networks, e.g. ABC News or Fox, so the periodic updates throughout the day from the newsroom (as distinct from the talk shows) are as accurate as television updates.

15. Dead_pool

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hey America...are there like...any adults at home we could speak to? We've knocked on the door and an orange man-child has answered but we've got some important business to attend to and could do with speaking to an adult. Cheers.

17. Dead_pool

http://gizmo.do/3BC7Wx3

And trump has put Kelly Ann Conway in charge of dealing with the opioid epidemic, remember this is a lady with no relevent experience apart from lying to the media.

18. Dead_pool

Factually correct and funny, that's 2 up on trump.

"‘We’re doing just fine’ says head of nation where armed toddlers kill more people than Islamic terrorists"

"Following his late-night tweet to Theresa May boasting that the United States is ‘doing just fine’ with regard to radical Islamic terrorism, Donald Trump has clarified that relatively speaking, the threat posed by terrorists is low compared to that posed by two-year-olds with access to guns."

'We're doing just fine' says head of nation where armed toddlers kill more people than Islamic terrorists

19. Dead_pool

20. Dead_pool