Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks. :)

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Do you actually have anything constructive to say on this topic? Your thread or not, all your one line answers so far are little more, if any more, than trolling.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  3. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

no. i said that if i had to pick a horse, it would be cruz. i would not vote for cruz.

so i'm guessing you're ok with "allah akbar" in our public schools too? or how about "praise odin" on our money. because i'm pretty sure the "left" is against all that too.

i love jesus. we put up a manger scene in my house every christmas. i love telling people merry christmas. and i'm an atheist. we give the kids presents for hanukkah too. :) and we play the dreidel game. lol

test scores are interesting. i send my kids to public schools. in chicago. the data i've seen that control for income level show that kids that are poor are indeed doing worse, while affluent and middle class kids do just great. yay income inequality.

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I've always fond it deeply unsettling that education, supposedly the great equalizer, is funded by property taxes. I mean how would that not perpetuate income inequality?

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Freedom from religion, not freedom of religion, but, yes, most definitely. No doubt about it. And 1+1 = 2. It's that clear. :dunno:

6. Giovanni

the imbalances are actually quite shocking once you get into them.

for instance in illinois, state law prevents school districts from spending more per capita than the district takes in from property taxes. so predominantly white and rich suburbs spend more money per student because of the inflated property values, than the city, poorer and (coincidentally i'm sure) darker kids.

thank you white flight!

and speaking of income inequality. it's also nice that property taxes get taken off income tax calculations. so yay, let's inflate.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So your saying right wingers are against freedom of religion, and are against separation of church and state.

So right wingers hate the American Constitution?

8. Dead_pool

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Is he banning a religion or people recently trying to get in?

There were other presidents who've banned people and also gathered them in prejudice

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

What is the exact criteria he's using.

I have an islamic surname, a persian first name and come from a pretty well known islamic lineage (although my recent ancestors were basically muslim quakers), I'm not my self a muslim but other people identify so due to my heritage and dark skin

Would i get banned from entering the states? because i'd really like to go. the states actually seem like a wonderful place and really diverse. I'd love to go to the iowa state fair or watch the hawkeyes wrestle or go to texas to experience tejano culture.

One of my life goals is to visit hawaii and the bishop museum and volunteer/do a post grad in polynesian ethnography.

11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

But Trump has to first figure out if that's really just a pretence to infiltrate the US and kill people.

Remember, he's doing this for the good of Muslims too, and some "important Muslims" have thanked him for being brave enough to talk about banning them from the US.

Would he ban the House of Saud?

12. 47MartialMan

I do not know. Like everything, a vetting system is flawed. But he is not the only president to have his idea

I think he excluded higher social

Now, keep this in mind, I am not a "for" or "against" Trump. I am just wondering how people discuss it from either camp. But it seems, in this thread, most are against, so I perhaps, have to play the role of "for"

13. Dead_pool

He is not a president.

14. 47MartialMan

not yet.....:rolleyes:

Semantics, he is not the only political person with the idea of banning people

Curious, What is the difference of a immigrant, a migrant, a refugee, temporary resident, and political asylum

In other words, the descriptions all seem to point to same thing

15. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Trump is running for the nomination, not for President. And he's not half as smart as he things he is...unless he's actually a democrat in sheep's clothing.

He has worked out that a sizable percent ~30-40% of Republican voters are hardcore racists and that by being increasingly racist, he can secure their votes in the primaries and win the states that have higher than average racist quotas.

However. Most Republicans are not racists. So when the field shrinks, the non-racist Republican voters are going to start to group together into one 60-70% monolith and crush Trump. The only risk is that this consolidation doesn't happen early enough and Trump picks up enough early states to win the contest.

Trump will not be President unless Clinton commits some unforgivable act, but even then, I think the Democrats could replace her at a week's notice with a nameless Democrat and beat Trump.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They could probably replace her with a wet cardboard box and beat Trump

17. David Harrison

He's the only person, outside of the KKK and white power groups, who has suggested banning an entire religion from entering the US, which would affect almost every country in the world.

I suggest you have a look at a dictionary, because they are not all the same thing at all.

18. David Harrison

I hope you're right, because if Trump gets in then reality has officially become stranger than The Running Man.

It was crazy enough when the US voted that Hollywood airhead, Reagan in.

19. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Mangosteen has already dealt with this nicely but he is proposing banning a particular faith group, pretty much unworkable when you look at it Apart from the different factions as previously mentioned how do you identify who is a muslim ? Country of origin, skin colour, surname. I could of converted last Tuesday how would US immigration know if not declared.

Blatant fascism and fascism never gets past the first hurdle when put under scrutiny.

At least Boris is funny....

20. Giovanni

i think it's easy to point and laugh at reagan. while i'm not a fan of most of his policies, i will say this about the man: he could govern.

him and tip o'neill (the speaker of the house during the 80's) worked together, negotiated, got something out of the deal, and moved forward. governing is never perfect.

honestly, i would vote republican if there was someone worthy of my vote. but there's no on even close that i would vote for as president, senator, congressman, or even at any local level. and i think, as a party and it's media mouthpieces (the conservative advocacy media), the way they've treated the current executive has been absolutely disgusting. sure, there is and will always be fringe elements that say the darndest things. i did personally think that some of the things said about the bushes, reagan, from the ultra left was abhorrent. but the way the mainstream of the party and the conservative movement as a whole has been toward obama, just disgusting.

i've heard it said from conservative family members that people vote democratic when they're young, and when they grow up they always end up conservative. i voted for hw in 88. and (correctly) for obama in 2008 and 2012. what the conservative movement has come to, really for me, means i'll never vote for a conservative candidate again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.